• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex 5513 matte dial Submariner - UPDATED.

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
This 5513 has travelled a fair bit since I first built it several years ago - back when you could get a gen' matte 5513 dial for a few hundred dollars. . .
Since then it's been subjected to numerous 'mods', some of which can not really be considered to be improvements. It finally made it's way back to me a few weeks ago, as the new owner wanted the one upgrade that nobody alse thought of - a gen' spec' case to replace the old Cartel case.

The dial has been relumed (old lume had been washed off many years ago, only the white paint of the indices was left on the dial). The lettering on the E & R of oyster had flaked off, that's been repaired. A lumed pearl was fitted to the CAC insert, a NOS service Swiss 2842 to fit the new gen' spec' case, a gen' second hand and a Truedome crystal complete the build.

IMG-8345.jpg

IMG-8347.jpg

IMG-8351.jpg

IMG-8352.jpg

IMG-8353.jpg

IMG-8357.jpg
The watch looks really beautiful you did an amazing job (like usual), why not adding a 700 tube to perfect it ?

Uncledrew

Horology Curious
11/7/22
Lovely piece with an amazing story attached to it.

I bet he had given up all hope of ever seeing that again!

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
These are the watches I'm here for: one offs that took skills and dedication to build. What a great watch!