• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Roger dubuis excalibur tourbillon by BBR - Full review

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Swiss_goupil looks great mate! Are you sticking with the rep strap or going the full croc route?

Good question. I think for now I will stick to the poor rep strap as I bought this piece to wear at special occasions only as I do not really trust the RG plating. But might change my mind depending on how I actually end up using it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Good question. I think for now I will stick to the poor rep strap as I bought this piece to wear at special occasions only as I do not really trust the RG plating. But might change my mind depending on how I actually end up using it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got to have a special strap for special occasions :p

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

Anadrol5

14/10/18
I have to say, winding the watch has become a lot easier now after winding it everyday. Anyone take the watch out for a spin yet?

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
I have to say, winding the watch has become a lot easier now after winding it everyday. Anyone take the watch out for a spin yet?

The v3 has? Maybe it just needs a bit of wearing in. Sharp edges on the teeth or something? Im still waiting for my strap so cant take it out yet!

Anadrol5

14/10/18
The v3 has? Maybe it just needs a bit of wearing in. Sharp edges on the teeth or something? Im still waiting for my strap so cant take it out yet!

Yes V3. When I first got the watch it was a real bitch to wind. The crown is quite small and the the resistance on winding was stiff as f#$k. It used to hurt my fingers to wind the watch. But after winding it everyday for the last month it has loosened up considerably.

Are you fitting it with real croc straps?

Last edited:

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Yes V3. When I first got the watch it was a real bitch to wind. The crown is quite small and the the resistance on winding was stiff as f#$k. It used to hurt my fingers to wind the watch. But after winding it everyday for the last month it has loosened up considerably.

Are you fitting it with real croc straps?

Good to know, my main complaint is the winding is terrible but ive only wound it up twice. Hopefully it gets a bit more free with time. Just worries me if any of the burr on the gears gets loose in the movement... yeah im getting a real croc made by orloff. Heres an example of an rd strap he made before:

Anadrol5

14/10/18
Good to know, my main complaint is the winding is terrible but ive only wound it up twice. Hopefully it gets a bit more free with time. Just worries me if any of the burr on the gears gets loose in the movement... yeah im getting a real croc made by orloff. Heres an example of an rd strap he made before:

Very nice mate.

Gexwh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/3/20
Orloff is getting many clients :D
He just received my strap to modify too

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Yeah just drop him an email (ill pm you his email). Send him your strap to take the plastic inserts out, and he’ll make whatever you want. He has a large catalogue of hides, pick what you like, its as easy as that!

Anadrol5

14/10/18
Yeah just drop him an email (ill pm you his email). Send him your strap to take the plastic inserts out, and he’ll make whatever you want. He has a large catalogue of hides, pick what you like, its as easy as that!

Thank you. Very much appreciated.

Boxtradamuz

Horology Curious
12/5/20
Can somebody tell me, or show a picture from the "night vision" of this watch. Does it have any lume?

Last edited:

Anadrol5

14/10/18
Gentlemen, I went to a Roger Dubuis boutique today to verify a long-held suspicion. I can confirm that BBR has indeed got the size of the watch in question wrong. The gen watch measures 42mm from bezel to bezel. The BBR however measures 42mm on the case but 44mm bezel to bezel. After having had the BBR for a couple of months, the moment I saw the gen, it was apparent that the gen watch is smaller.

Here is the gen next to my ROO (42mm)
ub2sQ.jpg

Here is the same ROO with the BBR
ubiQ1.jpg

It's not really obvious from the photos but believe me when you see it in person its a world of a difference. The other difference you can immediately spot is that the bridges on the gen are thinner than the BBR.

Last edited:

Anadrol5

14/10/18
I'll just throw in another watch for your viewing pleasure.:D
ubqh4.jpg

Last edited:

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Anadrol5 nice research mate! For the money its still a decent watch. I mean we’re comparing a $700 rep to a £125k gen. Its never going to be perfect, but for what your spending its pretty good. Its not like a submariner the factory can easily buy, take apart and rep. And still mess up... Nice roo though!

Reactions: XLR8R