• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

*Review* ZF Tudor Fifty-Eight Black Bay Blue

EricEverhard

Looking Around
11/5/21
Hello there,

I have an issue with my ZF BB 58.
The clockwork doesn't work at all.
Now i have the option between sending it back (and probably pay for transportation myself) or exchanging the clockwork.

How much a watchmaker usually charges for putting in a new one?
As far as I know there is a Seagull ST2130 built in correct?Is it possible to switch to Miyota 8215 or Sellita easily?

I know I'm a big noob on the topic, that's why I need your help here.
Appreciate your help.

Best regards

thenut

Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Germany
Sellita, ETA or the seagull 2824 varies should Work, miyota Not.
movememt Swap should be around 50 Euro + the new movement
but If the watch is Not running, there can be several reasons for this and some of Them are easy to fix for a watchsmith without change the whole movement

Last edited:
Reactions: EricEverhard

EricEverhard

Looking Around
11/5/21
thenut
Thank you very much.
I'm trying to find a watchmaker who checks out replicas, which isn't that easy. But at least now i know what to expect.

easylink why not?
you have any experience?

​​​​​​​Best

Mr.pitt

Known Member
28/4/21
is this watch considered nwbig? what are the flaws? look great to me

Asheron82

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/10
the blue shades of the dial and bezel colour is slightly off, however its only captain obvious when they are side by side, once on the wrist no one will be able to tell.

cheers!

Vegas_Blues

Horology Curious
24/1/08
Nice watch, congrats! Nowhere do I see anyone mentioning that the lume colour is totally wrong on these. Im so keen on this blue BB, but the wrong lume makes me hesitate. Is it a known issue that everyone is just ok with, and I’m the only one being over sensitive maybe? Lol
I have a gen and can confirm that the lime is green, not blue.

Vegas_Blues

Horology Curious
24/1/08
is this watch considered nwbig? what are the flaws? look great to me
I have a gen. It looks pretty good...the color is off. The numbers on the bezel are too thick. Crown tube is way too long. The dial font looks faded compared to the gen. The gen's fonts are very white and crisp. The clasp on the rep is absolutely atrocious. All of the fonts on the clasp (inside and out) are horribly wrong. Those are just a few things I noticed right off the bat.