• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

*Review* ZF Tudor Fifty-Eight Black Bay Blue

Asheron82

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/10
This beauty was recently launched by ZF following the success of the Black dial version and for the price i've paid its money well spent! This was purchased from our resident Trusted Dealer - Ken from Chazingtime. https://chazingtime08.co/products/b...f-11-best-edition-blue-dial-ss-bracelet-a2824

The ZF Tudor BB58 Blue is well made and finished with almost no sharp edges on the watch head or bracelet, blue dial has the same matte finish as the gen (handled the gen at the AD), fonts on dial is in the same silver too. Dial texture differs abit but this can only be seen under intense light conditions or otherwise not obvious. I saw comments on the bracelet but had no issues with mine as can be seen in the pics below.

I've taken some pics to bring out the beauty of the blue dial under indoor white light conditions. Feel free to ask questions in this thread!

Watch came with attached ZF hangtag in a durable ziplock styled packaging
ZFTBB58-B-0001.jpg

ZFTBB58-B-0002.jpg

ZFTBB58-B-0003.jpg

Watch Head with the matte blue dial in various angles
ZFTBB58-B-0004.jpg

ZFTBB58-B-0005.jpg

ZFTBB58-B-0006.jpg

ZFTBB58-B-0007.jpg

ZFTBB58-B-0008.jpg

ZFTBB58-B-0009.jpg

ZFTBB58-B-0010.jpg

Deployant Clasp
ZFTBB58-B-0011.jpg

ZFTBB58-B-0013.jpg

Caseback engraving is crisp and clear
ZFTBB58-B-0012.jpg

Lume glows nice and even
ZFTBB58-B-0014.jpg

Cheers!
Ash

randomstring

5/1/13
Looks great! I’m impressed with the crystal on this one, it doesn’t seem to go while from oblique angles as bad as the 41’s do.

iceburn

Known Member
5/5/16
Looks rather too blue compare to the Gen one I feel. Nevertheless still look stunning

Sent from my Mi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Asheron82

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/10
Looks great! I’m impressed with the crystal on this one, it doesn’t seem to go while from oblique angles as bad as the 41’s do.

yes but well thats also the beauty of domed crystals as it provides that vintage look and feel.

Looks rather too blue compare to the Gen one I feel. Nevertheless still look stunning

Sent from my Mi Note 3 using Tapatalk

It could well be the lighting i’ve used to take these pics, shall take some daylight outdoor pics and post up for comparison soon.

Reactions: interbeing

lfarcos

Renowned Member
30/4/16
Thankfully mate for your review

Does it have bezel play when you press down it?

I had a Tudor BB41 blue from ZF with bezel play. I need to know if it has the same issue in this model.

Thanks

Asheron82

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/10
Thankfully mate for your review

Does it have bezel play when you press down it?

I had a Tudor BB41 blue from ZF with bezel play. I need to know if it has the same issue in this model.

Thanks

replied you on RG mate, this fine example did not have the bezel play issue.

Reactions: lfarcos

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Nice watch, congrats! Nowhere do I see anyone mentioning that the lume colour is totally wrong on these. Im so keen on this blue BB, but the wrong lume makes me hesitate. Is it a known issue that everyone is just ok with, and I’m the only one being over sensitive maybe? Lol

Last edited:

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Nice watch, congrats! Nowhere do I see anyone mentioning that the lume colour is totally wrong on these. Im so keen on this blue BB, but the wrong lume makes me hesitate. Is it a known issue that everyone is just ok with, and I’m the only one being over sensitive maybe? Lol

Whats wrong with lume exactly?

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
It shines green like the normal BB58 and other BBs, instead of blue.

Well I just checked on google and there are bb58 original with green and blue lume, gmt with green and blue lume so im really confused now....

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Well I just checked on google and there are bb58 original with green and blue lume, gmt with green and blue lume so im really confused now....

I think that is only the pictures. In hand, the standard BB58 has green lume and the BB58 blue has blue. I saw in a review on bark and jack with bothe models side by side.

Reactions: Cadows

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
I think that is only the pictures. In hand, the standard BB58 has green lume and the BB58 blue has blue. I saw in a review on bark and jack with bothe models side by side.

Blue like Rolex?

zmackage

Horology Curious
23/9/08
The biggest issue I have with this is the crown tube is way too long compared to gen.

Vubi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/3/21
Like I have seen, the lume colour is very near to Gen.
But what about the time how long the lume lasts, compared to Gen?

dilson88

Horology Curious
1/4/21
UK
I have the gen and rep, I'm very impressed with the rep, the only downside which is small is the blue colour of the dial, it's a few shades darker. In normal light conditions, it's not very noticeable unless you have the gen next to it.

Looking forward for the chrono panda rep to come out whenever it does :)

Reactions: fu-ore