• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review: perfectwatches.cn

NoFear

Horology Curious
19/8/14
Herewith a quick review of perfectwatches.cn:

I placed my first rep watch order through perfectwatches.cn thinking this was the best rep watch dealer to go with. I have received all 3 watches. I paid $ 330.00 for 2 watches (Zenith and Mont Blanc) and received a third one free (Omega Seamaster). I must say they are poorly made and rather cheap. That is the reason they are able to offer so many discounts, like 20% when paying them through Western Union, 10% when buying 2 or more, a free watch when spending $300 or more, etc.

On top of that they sent me the incorrect watch. They now expect me to ship the incorrect watch back at my own expense as well as pay for a restocking fee OR a 20% discount on my next purchase. I'm really not pleased.

Long story short: I wish I had invested the $330.00 that I spent on 3 cheap watches at perfectwatches.cn on one DECENT replica from one of the TD's I have found on this forum!

Pasha

Renowned Member
9/10/13
You didn't do any research before buying from that site? Tsk, tsk mate, you deserve it.

This hobby is like buying illegal drugs: would you buy and smoke weed from a dealer that advertizes 3rd ounce for free?

NoFear

Horology Curious
19/8/14
Yeah I did some research. Obviously not enough. And I wasn't smart enough to realise the reviews I read of perfectwatches.cn were all phony. It took me quite some time to find a forum like this once I had been taken for a fool.

I guess you generally only learn the hard way!

Either way way all I wanted to do with this post is create some awareness so that some future potential buyers from that site don't fall victim.

Steelfish

Hǝɐpᴉᴎƃ ꓭɐɔʞ ᗡoʍᴎ Ոᴎpǝᴙ
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
Welcome Matt.
respect-051.gif

Well at least you found RWI before taking a shot in the dark with another one of "those" sites.....have fun and enjoy the site mate.
happy-096.gif

Nikoteen

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/12
Yeah we all live and learn...welcome Matt, you will learn a lot here, enjoy the time here.

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
Buy ONLY from Trusted Dealers in here or Repgeek!

They are d best!

Sent from Tapatalk

Bamadadof3

14/8/14
Invernanandes. You said in past comments

" We can't judge people only for posts or anything, all of us were noob's at beginning, and someone give us a chance to proove that was good to deal with us.

You might want to practice what you preach.

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
Herewith a quick review of perfectwatches.cn:

I placed my first rep watch order through perfectwatches.cn thinking this was the best rep watch dealer to go with. I have received all 3 watches. I paid $ 330.00 for 2 watches (Zenith and Mont Blanc) and received a third one free (Omega Seamaster). I must say they are poorly made and rather cheap. That is the reason they are able to offer so many discounts, like 20% when paying them through Western Union, 10% when buying 2 or more, a free watch when spending $300 or more, etc.

On top of that they sent me the incorrect watch (see http://www.meradog.co.za/perfectwatches.jpg). They now expect me to ship the incorrect watch back at my own expense as well as pay for a restocking fee OR a 20% discount on my next purchase. I'm really not pleased.

Long story short: I wish I had invested the $330.00 that I spent on 3 cheap watches at perfectwatches.cn on one DECENT replica from one of the TD's I have found on this forum!

Many of the members here found RWI the same way you did....including myself. Live and learn!

:wave: Welcome to RWI!

bombardior

1/9/14
hey i've been there as well. i even searched for reviews of said sites and found phony review sites to back them up... sigh, $300 dollars is a good lesson learned.

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
Not a great first post

Yah, pretty rude. supposed to help out noobs here instead of making stupid childish remarks about the mistake they made. He made the post which you obviously didn't notice because he wanted to make aware of the mistake he made. and that since making that mistake has found RWI and our dealers. It's been made very clear that we are to help out noobs and not belittle them with remarks like that. anyway, welcome OP and don't worry a lot of us did the same thing you did and got ripped off before finding RWI. It happens, but luckily you have found us now, and you are in good hands with our TD's. Spend some time doing a lot of reading and learning about the different watches and versions of each watch, read the reviews and comparisons on the watches, and also read reviews on our dealers. They are all very different and have different ways of running their business. So choose the one that you think most fits what you are looking for in a seller. Welcome again, and remember use this site as a tool, it's a very valuable tool in getting started in this hobby. Welcome again. and hopefully the negative poster will apologize for the rude words which won't be tolerated here.

D

d4m.test

Yeah we all live and learn...welcome Matt, you will learn a lot here, enjoy the time here.

+1. Some of us have had your experience; it's why we're devoted to RWI and its members. Welcome aboard.

dave

ALTL

Known Member
29/6/13
Hi Matt. Thanks for posting about perfect watches. Even though I had already found RWI, read some sections, and just bought (still waiting to receive) my first watch a PAM 089...I was just checking out a Rolex Datejust II on perfect watches and wondering if I should ask if anyone had any experience with them. I'm sorry about your misfortune but thankful for your post.

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
Hi Matt. Thanks for posting about perfect watches. Even though I had already found RWI, read some sections, and just bought (still waiting to receive) my first watch a PAM 089...I was just checking out a Rolex Datejust II on perfect watches and wondering if I should ask if anyone had any experience with them. I'm sorry about your misfortune but thankful for your post.

There is literally no watch perfectwatches can get that our trusted dealers can't get - and not only cheaper, but better too ...

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
ALTL. don't use any other dealer other than our trusted dealers here. There is absolutely no reason to. Our dealers are "trusted" for a reason. 99% of the sites you see out there are scams. Some will send you a watch. but it won't look anything like the pics you see on their websites. Some won't send anything at all and just completely scam you. and most will just send you a crappy canal street replica that is worth less than 50 bucks even though they've charged you 500 bucks for it. Spend some time doing some reading here on the site. I believe there is more information about watches on this site than any other site out there. A ton of great information. Learn about the different movements, and what they mean, the quality differences and such. and remember, you get what you pay for. Some of our dealers do sell cheaper watches in the 30 to 100 dollar range, but the watch will reflect that price. but you will get the watch that you order from our dealers. Stick around, it gets addicting.

3dguitar

Looking Around
2/11/14
Sorry that you had bad luck with your first purchase. I know the feeling - a price is really attractive often ends up having these issues, though. Hopefully in the future you'll have better luck. It seems that the TDs here (as well as the m2m sales) seem to be the only way to go.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
We have all been there. Some were taken for more do you didn't do bad.