• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of ZZF New Sub 116610 LN and Comparison vs. Gen, ARF, Noob and Nail (PART I)

Dhelpiero

Known Member
12/8/19
Hi Guys
Just friendly sharing my ARF v3 with VR3135.
I’m pretty happy with it especially the bracelet.
What I don’t like is the xtal which came with it.
Going to change to Prof BH soon.
9f0976a1e342b74bb807584131e45b37.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DR Russell

gambafreaks

Horology Curious
4/8/06
Is it possible to mod them, or direct buying to the seller with a perfect waterproofing? this is one of the things that brake myself to buy one...

Xcromance

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/11/14
LALALAND
Is it possible to mod them, or direct buying to the seller with a perfect waterproofing? this is one of the things that brake myself to buy one...

Also looking to ask the same question. Any recommended modder or watch smith recommended in Singapore can PM me thanks ! ????????????

Alex22

12/2/18
I'm also studying the various versions of the sub a little bit. I saw the comparison made by Ryan but I have to say that there are really many and it is difficult to understand which are the best versions, any defects and which movement should be taken. I'm interested in the no data version, I like the clone movement but I prefer the tranquility of a reliable movement and I don't want to make changes or insertions of parts of other reps or gens. which one do you recommend?

Reactions: DR Russell

RandyC

17/4/19
I'm also studying the various versions of the sub a little bit. I saw the comparison made by Ryan but I have to say that there are really many and it is difficult to understand which are the best versions, any defects and which movement should be taken. I'm interested in the no data version, I like the clone movement but I prefer the tranquility of a reliable movement and I don't want to make changes or insertions of parts of other reps or gens. which one do you recommend?

Mate, your query is simply " which is the best ootb sub?" This is probably the most asked question around here and there is a lot of information on this forum around this. There can't be definite answer, all of them have some relative strengths and weakness. It all comes down to what strengths do you value the most and what weaknesses can you live with. You can only know that by reading up more here. Nevertheless, at the risk of starting a new debate the most hotly argued upon are the latest versions from Arf, Noob and ZZF in no specific sequence. On the movement, I would say it is slightly simple the 28xx can be easily replaced, swiss ETA can be put in as well. The xx3135 are difficult/expensive to replace/repair.

dragon07

7/6/20
Hello, I'm thinking of buying from a trusted site for turkey or ArF ZZF. Where can I get it? do you think i should get arf or zzf

JanONrwi

Horology Curious
3/6/20
Is it worth to pay extra 168$ for ARF bracelet If I like to buy ZZF?

Last edited:

Agnostic

Known Member
17/12/19
Guys help me out. This thread was very thorough but I am still left not able to make a decision on the best sub rep today. Can someone give me what they believe the best sub rep is in 2020

In my opinion for the 116610LN = ZZF V3

Agnostic

Known Member
17/12/19
ZZF V3 you mean ZZF V2S? But V2S is only hulk with date, there is no version without date, right?

Get this one .
  • Submariner 116610 LN Black Ceramic ZZF 1:1 Best Edition 904L SS Case and Bracelet A3135 V2

JanONrwi

Horology Curious
3/6/20
Get this one .
  • Submariner 116610 LN Black Ceramic ZZF 1:1 Best Edition 904L SS Case and Bracelet A3135 V2

I see only this one without date - Submariner 114060 No Date Black Ceramic ZZF 904L 1:1 Best Edition on SS Bracelet A2836 V2

116610 LN is only with date. Right? I

BayAreaBob

Horology Curious
Thank you for the response! And could you please explain more about the movements. How is the 2836 more reliable than the 3135. Like the pros and cons of both! Thank you I truly appreciate it.

I received my ZZF Sub 3135 from Li about a month ago and in that time I've averaged +/- 3 sec/day, which is on par with a gen Submariner. "the uncased movements are sent over to COSC’s facilities in Biel and Saint-Imier, where each uncased movement is individually tested for a total of fifteen days, in five different positions, at three different temperatures. During these tests, the watches are checked to run within a maximum average deviation of -4/+6 seconds per day."

Reference: Bredan, D. (2016, February 13). Rolex Extends Stringent -2/+2 Second In-House Watch Accuracy Tests To Entire Production. Retrieved June 24, 2020, from https://www.ablogtowatch.com/rolex-e...n-house-tests/

Last edited:

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
I don't really wanna start another thread but has anyone dont a prof xtal swap on the ZZF? Would I need to buy a gasket or anything else? Going to buy one for my ZZF V2s Hulk

RepLoser

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/6/20
Just bought a Noob v8s for $268 from Trusty Time. Figure for that price you can’t go wrong. This is the version with the Asian 2836 Not the clone 3135, which I really like.

Last edited: