• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of ZZF New Sub 116610 LN and Comparison vs. Gen, ARF, Noob and Nail (PART I)

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
I ordered my zzf v2 last week from jtime and received the QC pics this morning! The only concern I have is the amplitude seems to be at the low end of acceptable and I’m wondering if this can be adjusted before shipping, or is it something that can be lived with? I understand it’s a replica and concessions must be made, but according to the required reading for noobs, 250° amplitude is at the low end of acceptable. Everything else on the timegrapher seems to be well within acceptable parameters. https://clickpix.org/images/QRquY.jpg[l
[/QUOTE]

Make sure with Li it was fully wound before putting on the graph. Could be the angle too.

Personally I’d accept it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mil_sub

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/2/08
[h=2]Any input on NOOB Factory V10 Submariners that were just released?[/h]

douimen

Looking Around
18/10/15
France
I just placed the order of a zzf to Li, I will put the photos as soon as I receive them :)

artorius

Looking Around
19/5/20
Hello everybody! So I am in the market for a 116610LN Black Submariner. Now Ive came to learn that my best options are (Noob V10, ZZF V2 and lastly the ARF V3) I am super new to all of this and don't know which one to go with. Please anything will help! Which do you guys recommend and what are the differences. Also which movement is the best? (3135 or 2836) Thank you guys in advance, hope to hear back soon.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Hello everybody! So I am in the market for a 116610LN Black Submariner. Now Ive came to learn that my best options are (Noob V10, ZZF V2 and lastly the ARF V3) I am super new to all of this and don't know which one to go with. Please anything will help! Which do you guys recommend and what are the differences. Also which movement is the best? (3135 or 2836) Thank you guys in advance, hope to hear back soon.

If you're new to the game go with ZZF V2 with 2836 it's the most gen looking out of the box and 2836 for the reliability.

Here's mine in action:

331-D5-F86-22-A1-476-A-B1-A3-6-AF0-B3703235.jpg

Last edited:

ssb333

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/11/14
This is an incredible review. Thank you so much. So helpful.

artorius

Looking Around
19/5/20
If you're new to the game go with ZZF V2 with 2836 it's the most gen looking out of the box and 2836 for the reliability.

Here's mine in action:

331-D5-F86-22-A1-476-A-B1-A3-6-AF0-B3703235.jpg

Thank you for the response! And could you please explain more about the movements. How is the 2836 more reliable than the 3135. Like the pros and cons of both! Thank you I truly appreciate it.

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
artorius head to the Tech Section and read through the Movement and Tutorials sub forums. Your questions have been asked many times. Members have gone to the effort of writing up excellent posts where you'll find the answers.

Allabouttime

Certified
27/4/20
Guys help me out. This thread was very thorough but I am still left not able to make a decision on the best sub rep today. Can someone give me what they believe the best sub rep is in 2020

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
I got my ZZF V2 114060 since one month now and can only recommend it, I'm so happy with it. The only "issue" I have with it is the quite noticable hole at the handstack. While some say it's also on the Gen, I don't think it's that noticable on the Gen. The movement is also OK, mine is about +10s/day, which could probably easily be regulated.

For example here the hole is easiliy noticable:

So I guess when there is a ZZF V3 or V4 with some further improvements, I might upgrade to that if the improvements are worth it. But until then I'm pretty happy with my V2.

Reactions: DR Russell

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
I got my ZZF V2 114060 since one month now and can only recommend it, I'm so happy with it. The only "issue" I have with it is the quite noticable hole at the handstack. While some say it's also on the Gen, I don't think it's that noticable on the Gen. The movement is also OK, mine is about +10s/day, which could probably easily be regulated.

For example here the hole is easiliy noticable:

So I guess when there is a ZZF V3 or V4 with some further improvements, I might upgrade to that if the improvements are worth it. But until then I'm pretty happy with my V2.

Here's my gen. The diimple around the hand stack is obvious, but it depends on the light and angle.
XGzOW.jpg

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
Thanks. I think it also depends on the year. On most brand new ones you don't notice it anymore, but on older models from like 5 years ago it's pretty obvious as on yours.
But I think on the ZZF the radius is still a bit too big, definitely a bit larger than on yours.