• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of the Noob Superocean II 44mm

ernien

Renowned Member
23/9/12
Ontario, Canada
Here is a little picture review of the new Noob Superocean II 44mm black dial.

Overall, quality is outstanding with superb fit and finish. The dial inscriptions are crisp and properly placed in comparison with the gen.

The bezel is quite firm in it's rotation and produces solid clicks as it turns. The black rubber inlay on the bezel appears well applied around the metal numbers.

The case is nicely brushed on the top of the lugs and transitions to a polished finish on the sides and underneath. The caseback inscriptions are deep and crisp like the gen.

The crown feels solid with smooth winding, and fortunately it's an A2824 and not the Z2 crap.

The crystal has the blue tinted AR like gen, and no complaints with the lume strength.

The rubber strap is soft, and similar feeling to gen Breitling rubber and can certainly be used OOTB without complaints.

Having owned a gen Superocean 44, I can honestly say there's little reason to go gen when the quality on this one is so high.

I'll let the pics do the rest of the talking.
Enjoy! :)

F7VWtXJ.jpg

Around 7" wrist
1FBBhk6.jpg

RjjKLyO.jpg

UaCT8F4.jpg

duPRELL.jpg

MoRclzk.jpg

4PRtZfU.jpg

F7KPPRY.jpg

bXptqbw.jpg

tSsh7GJ.jpg

kIL1vWa.jpg

qzKY4B5.jpg

Gen on top, rep on bottom
Jh2c3xb.jpg

2sXbFM9.jpg

Thickness comparison with a seawolf
Jmp0YM0.jpg

Size comparison with a BP Navi World
kmH9Rx4.jpg

Reactions: maxracingshox

mauricio612

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
4/12/15
Very nice thanks for this contribution.

I am very tempted. I am just concerned it could wear too big on my small wrist.

I can see it looks good in your wristshot pic. How big is your wrist? Do you have a side by side with the steelfish or the older SO Abyss by any chance?

vicad

Renowned Member
14/6/15
Thank you a lot for this review! Definitely a great watch and well build.

Mele

Horology Curious
31/8/16
Thank you for your detailed review, it's been very helpful!
I've been doing some research and there is not much info about this watch so I wanted to ask for your thoughts about two aspects that I consider would be very notorious:
I would like to know your perception about the bluish tone of the window since it looks a bit different in pictures, it does not look quite as translucent as the original one.
On the other hand, from the pictures provided by different suppliers and your pictures, the green tone of the lume looks a bit different, it looks more "green" than the original one.
Thank you in advance!

ernien

Renowned Member
23/9/12
Ontario, Canada
Very nice thanks for this contribution.

I am very tempted. I am just concerned it could wear too big on my small wrist.

I can see it looks good in your wristshot pic. How big is your wrist? Do you have a side by side with the steelfish or the older SO Abyss by any chance?

Wrist size is about 6 3/4" - 7".
Don't have any other Breitlings to compare to, but have lots of Pams and AP's, omega and IWC's if those could help for comparison?

mauricio612

Supporter
Certified
4/12/15
I would buy it instantly if it could be on steel bracelet

Envoyé de mon SM-A310F en utilisant Tapatalk

WatchestoPlay

Timelord
12/8/16
I would buy it instantly if it could be on steel bracelet

Envoyé de mon SM-A310F en utilisant Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing. I like the silicone but I have two other watches on silicone straps, so steel would be nice!

mauricio612

Supporter
Certified
4/12/15
I was thinking the same thing. I like the silicone but I have two other watches on silicone straps, so steel would be nice!

I'll order one and see if the steel bracelet from the steelfish fits. It's a flat case so with flat endlinks it might fit...

@ernien what do you think? Your reviewed has convinced me and I am about to place my order for the blue version

cgn1017

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/09
Great review! Just got mine a couple days ago. And I agree I've owned gen superocean as well and this thing is money!!! Some super subtle differences noted. Rubber inlay isn't as thick, hope not a problem... bezel knurling is deeper than gen... SS bezel inlays are slightly thinner than gen. Have to have them side by side to see this though! Lume is insane and perfect dw throughout. I would say this is super rep. AR is spot on color. Lume might be applied slightly thinner than gen given how quickly it dissipates (30-45min) however haven't tried the gen of this for lume.

Bottom line... GET THIS WATCH!! I put it on a gen rubber tang. Makes it even better. Cheers.

3e15804cc35a0b1ddb1dde4320fce5d7.jpg

f0373e21408748778188895611e96eab.jpg

c5cf8b0beff27a54f196398e9746d614.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cgn1017

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/09
My wrist is 7.25" and remember the watch looks bigger in the photos due to the angle.

cgn1017

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/09
This is the best angle I can get. See how there is plenty of room on each lug side of my wrist... to each his own on watch mm and wrist sizing fits haha as it's been a much debated topic all over the forum. Cheers happy holidays guys.

547a20633b61206d714726e3f818d6bd.jpg

D

d4m.test

Wow. Looking forward to the time the bracelet is available. Will definitely be picking one of these up.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

cgn1017

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/09
Might be worth getting the gen bracelet. It's that good IMHO.

patnaboy

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/3/12
Thanks for the review! I am going to be picking one up! I am curious about the blue dial version. Do you guys know how close the blue dial compares to the gen?

cgn1017

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/09
I would shy away from the blue dial. It looks like the bezel is either black or way too dark blue.

cgn1017

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/09
Case construction is exactly like gen... just depends on caseback screwed in all the way and o rings greased. Also crystal should be pressed on evenly. Always smart to get it pressure tested.

I have never had a problem. No diving but plenty of snorkeling w my other reps.