• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of Montblanc Timewalker Chronograph

sexypapa

Known Member
17/3/06
@ marinlicina:

Could you tell me what the measurement is of the lug?

I need to get a pair of leather strap to replace my SS band.

For some reason the original SS band can no longer hold together and keeps loosening.

I can't wear my Timewalker and I hate that. :shock:

Thanks! :wink:

evilgenius88

Plotting world domination
Supporter
Certified
11/4/07
Volcano Base
The lug width is 21mm. Many people here have bought 22 or 20 mm and had trouble. The brown strap on the one I reviewed was 21mm and it fits correctly.

It's hard to find 21mm straps though, so if you live in the EU, it might be worth while to check out http://www.watchbandcenter.com, they have a lot of 21mm watch straps of good quality for an OK price.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Hi,
I have a watch that has a 23 mm width at the lugs.
The choice for non standard width is very limited, so if I may advise, I would buy the upper size (I bought 24 for my 23), i.e. a 22 for your 21 : leather is soft enough to fit 0,5 mm each side. At least that's my experience.
What I would not do is buying 20 mm : a lack of 1 mm is ugly.

It would be a pity to buy an "average" strap because you don't find what you look for.

And it's so true, Alligator fits best to these Timewalkers !

mortledge

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/9/06
marinlicina said:
The lug width is 21mm. Many people here have bought 22 or 20 mm and had trouble. The brown strap on the one I reviewed was 21mm and it fits correctly.

It's hard to find 21mm straps though, so if you live in the EU, it might be worth while to check out http://www.watchbandcenter.com, they have a lot of 21mm watch straps of good quality for an OK price.

I did a review on a black dial Timewalker from Trevor http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtop ... highlight= The lugs measured 22.34mm. Different caseheads from different factories?

I always order my watches with the bracelet if possable, Its easer to find a nice strap that to source the
original style bracelet. Someday I'll get a gator strap for mine, I actually like straps better.

sexypapa

Known Member
17/3/06
marinlicina said:

Thanks, @marinlicina. I live in the US but will check them out anyway. :)

Pix said:
Hi,
I have a watch that has a 23 mm width at the lugs.
The choice for non standard width is very limited, so if I may advise, I would buy the upper size (I bought 24 for my 23), i.e. a 22 for your 21 : leather is soft enough to fit 0,5 mm each side. At least that's my experience.
What I would not do is buying 20 mm : a lack of 1 mm is ugly.

It would be a pity to buy an "average" strap because you don't find what you look for.

And it's so true, Alligator fits best to these Timewalkers !

Thanks, @pix. Guess I would try it too. :wink:

BTW, do you guys know what kind of tools that I need to change the SS band to leather strap?

evilgenius88

Plotting world domination
Supporter
Certified
11/4/07
Volcano Base
I didn't see a SS bracelet Timewalker, but a good guess is that the bracelet is attached with push pins. So you will need a push pin tool, or if you have a steady hand and patience, a very small screwdriver will do. If you don't trust it, you could always go to some cheapo watchsmith / watch shop where they have no idea what a Montblanc is and ask them to do it for a few bucks.

johnwad

Looking Around
28/5/07
Excellent

Thank you for an excellent review. Had not considered this watch or brand before. It is now on the top of my list!

D

2/12/06
Great review....

this is the best replica I have ever owned.

a little help though:

I am looking for a gen brown strap; I have the bracelet version and it is a tad blingy for my taste. Anyone know where I can source a gen strap???

thanks!

vdubpower

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/06
i need one too, even if not gen, but a very nice strap for it, i have the black version.

jkwhyd

30/5/07
Thank you for a very thorough review. You use of the concentric circles really bring home the point. I have actually been to a MB dealer to see the gen article and that was before your review came out.

The gen is very nice and if the rep is true to form it would be a very good buy.

jk

doctorron

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/07
Man, are you a scientist or something? Great review. Man, that's professional! You should do it for a living.

stangvert

8/4/06
Great Review

I have one on order from King. I can't wait to get it.

sarcoid

Horology Curious
6/7/07
Loved the pictures!!! Great review. Still in doubt for the MB timewalker chronograph or the plain simple timewalker.

Grz, Sarcoid

yvrtim

Horology Curious
15/7/07
Hi,
Great review. I had never looked closely at the MB, but all the info and discussion has it on my radar!

Thanks,

hwrdpaula

24/11/06
Wonderful review. I particularly like the band--good choice. What model # from watchband center and what is the lug size?
Nice work.
hwrdpaula

islamorada

Looking Around
21/5/07
Great Review! :lol:

I have the Timewalker GMT from Andrew at TT and love it. The date window doesn't seem as far recessed as it is with the chrono.

What are peoples favorite bands for these?