• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of Clean Factory New Rep Bezel and Insert for 116610LN (vs. Gen, ARF, Noob and VRF)

m88sby

Known Member
28/1/16
Yeah was a little rash of me, but nothing that can't be polished out. At least I know for next time...;)

ChinoWolf

Certified
29/10/17
USA
Yeah was a little rash of me, but nothing that can't be polished out. At least I know for next time...;)

Do you have to sand down the retainer/clamping ring to allow new bezel to sit lower? I need to do that to get the perfect fitment.

m88sby

Known Member
28/1/16
No I literally pushed it straight on, heard that firm click and that was it done. I've read elsewhere that noob retainers need sanding though:confused:.

I just made sure the ring was fully pressed to the case and I'm happy with the fit, no gap , looks great.

jtimewatch

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
12/3/19
Guangzhou, China
Guys if you are going to try to swap your bezels out by yourself, you really should invest in a quality bezel removal tool. There are cheaper decent ones available than this one. But this is what I use

https://www.esslinger.com/watch-bezel-remover-tool/

thank mate for the info.

But I am wondering if you can guide us how to do “time travel”, that will be more help, hahahaha.

Reactions: KJ2020

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Guys if you are going to try to swap your bezels out by yourself, you really should invest in a quality bezel removal tool. There are cheaper decent ones available than this one. But this is what I use

https://www.esslinger.com/watch-bezel-remover-tool/

Do you perhaps know if the V7 and V6s bezel + insert are the same? Read this bezel and insert fits a V7 but have V6s myself.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Do you perhaps know if the V7 and V6s bezel + insert are the same? Read this bezel and insert fits a V7 but have V6s myself.

I can't say from first hand experience bro but Rolex 6 digit Sub and GMT 40mm bezels and inserts have always been interchangeable (with like models) when I have done it. I can't imagine that Noob would have deviated a single bit on their bezel fit to case from V1 to V9, let alone from V6s to V7. Click springs and balls components, bezel teeth, etc. have improved but the size and shape of the bezel and the inside hyrtel ring groove should all be the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stuvetjee

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
thank mate for the info.

But I am wondering if you can guide us how to do “time travel”, that will be more help, hahahaha.

Haha, good one! I had a good laugh last year when you wrote that. Err.. I mean yesterday

Reactions: jtimewatch

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
excelent pictures. Thanks for the review. I came acros this myself today on PT. I was amazed tbh.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Yeah it looks great. I’m looking forward to seeing the quality first hand when mine arrives. I hope the non curvatured triangle won’t bother me too much. I think it will be barely noticeable tbh.

betto60

Horology Curious
14/5/12
A question for m88sby. I am the owner of a SUB noob identical to yours and I would also like to mount the CF bezel insert. If I understood you it was enough just to push the bezel insert without any modification. But should the bezel insert be pushed very hard?
Thanks for the reply.

m88sby

Known Member
28/1/16
Hi Betto . The bezel and insert is in 3 parts the bezel itself the retaining ring then the insert. I first put retaining ring and bezel on pushing hard with even pressure which sat it nicely against the case then the insert I lined up by hand and eye and pressed in, as like gen it's pressure fitted, it was really simple, at first one side of my insert was slightly raised I pushed on it and it just clicks in. Bezel was easy to press on its stainless steel so good hand pressure against the case is enough to snap it on. Really happy with it. Hope this helps. Just watch when popping your noob bezel off don't scratch your sels or lugs.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Hi Betto . The bezel and insert is in 3 parts the bezel itself the retaining ring then the insert. I first put retaining ring and bezel on pushing hard with even pressure which sat it nicely against the case then the insert I lined up by hand and eye and pressed in, as like gen it's pressure fitted, it was really simple, at first one side of my insert was slightly raised I pushed on it and it just clicks in. Bezel was easy to press on its stainless steel so good hand pressure against the case is enough to snap it on. Really happy with it. Hope this helps. Just watch when popping your noob bezel off don't scratch your sels or lugs.

Is it best so far?

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Best is subjective. I’ll tell you what I think when I get mine.

Reactions: Cadows

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Looks like the platinium mod is no longer needed for subc.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

betto60

Horology Curious
14/5/12
Grazie m88sby, you were very kind to give me the assembly instructions for the bezel CF.
As soon as I get the new insert bezel I will also try to mount it.
Greetings from Italy.