• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of Clean Factory New Rep Bezel and Insert for 116610LN (vs. Gen, ARF, Noob and VRF)

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
jtimewatch has assured me they will not be using our PM system to sell on here. The post is just for information.

jtimewatch

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
12/3/19
Guangzhou, China
Many thanks for posting this review.
So clean factory bezel is a direct swap on noob and arf ?
I mean, can you install CF bezel on these reps without any mods in the bezel housing?

yes mate, it can be directly swap on noob and arf

jtimewatch

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
12/3/19
Guangzhou, China
jtimewatch Thanks for this well put together review. I think these macro shots definitely allow us to see the pros and cons of bezel made by each factory. Here's what I think:
  1. Noob bezel is a piece of shit
  2. ARF's marker cutout is a bit too deep compare to clean and gen, the engraving are filled with nice, even layer of spray paint; Clean factory's marker cutout is extremely close compare to gen, however, the plating quality is not on par with AR. I feel like clean factory used a denser consistency liquid when they did the plating and this can be seen if you look at the number "5"
  3. Both ARF and Noob color tend to fade. Only time will tell when it comes to clean factory
  4. Clean factory's plating color is whiter than gen. Given this is not shot in direct sunlight, I can't see the powdering reflection effect on clean
  5. Clean's bezel wins hands down. You can see the inner teeth is slightly smaller than AR which should provide more precise, click in rotation
So what's next? I still would like to get a set of clean insert and bezel to put on and see if it's going to fade. If that happens then a mod by Spongebob should be sufficient to create a gen like bezel.

I know, rep factories are never spot on and future improvements are greatly appreciated.

thanks man for sharing your thoughts seriously. cheer.

jtimewatch

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
12/3/19
Guangzhou, China
First of all, I'd like to ask both of you jtimewatch and ChinoWolf to stop promoting each other, it's obvious you are part of the production so please let the more experienced members be the judge.

So let me tell my opinion. While it is a nice try, I would not consider it an update for any of the rep watches currently produced. The colour is wrong as well as the engraving. So yes, it cannot be considered an upgrade since you are changing a wrong bezel with another wrong one, especially at that price.

Thanks for sharing your opinion with us.
Like I said everyone will be welcomed to share thoughts, and I respect all the senior members's opinion.
But pls dont misunderstand people only by guessing.

jtimewatch

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
12/3/19
Guangzhou, China
It would have been better to have the VRF in the comparison as well, in order to see which one is best, passing on it because "the structure" is not the same seems a bit shady to me.

sorry mate , i am missing to think about what you mentioned, maybe i can try next time.
Preparing this posting materials were costing many hours and efforts.
Lemme get some rest, lol.

jtimewatch

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
12/3/19
Guangzhou, China
Hi everyone,
Please do not PM me for buying it anymore. We here for sharing infos and discussions.
As our admin C Master advised, I am just new here, dont want to break any RWI rules and get myself banned.
Thank you all for replying and liking the post, it's a great honor.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Are you utterly retarded so you had to quote the whole review!?! Ffs, you can edit the post while you quote it.

Im someone who has 3 brand new XF LHD FYI. I bet you regret now for being asshole ;)

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
calling people names will not be tolerated.....if you doubt me , please continue

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Im someone who has 3 brand new XF LHD FYI. I bet you regret now for being asshole ;)

You bet wrong, both, in respect of the regrets and the factory of the lhd you've posted some time ago.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
jtimewatch Thanks a lot for this. I’ve subscribed to the thread. Will you be posting here once this thing is ready for putchase?