• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rep of the Year - 2015

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
V7 Diver is nice but once you hold the gen you realise where the extra $10k has gone.

With TC YM - I genuinely can't see where the extra $5k goes in the gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SerafinWatch

4/1/14
Switzerland
You own one of these watches?

Sent from my iPhone 6

I own the V7 Diver and Franken TC v6. Friends of mine do have yachtmaster gens. They deserve to be in this thread. Absolutely.
But I am also interested in underrated reps like the heritage ranger, which fly under the radar. Arent there more of it?

Nikoteen

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/12
I have two of these in the list....My vote goes to the Zenith Pilot in Bronze (Hasn't been available long enough to be the winner) Mine is already starting to age and the strap is really comfortable.

psyphyc

Renowned Member
18/11/15
Got my v7 diver with stainless steel bracelet and prof's Crystal in the mail today. This baby wins the cake, hands down.

torobravo

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
2/5/10
I voted for the new 7 days, that is revolutionary, one step forward in this game

Fettekatze

Renowned Member
Certified
16/11/13
US
V7 Diver is nice but once you hold the gen you realise where the extra $10k has gone.

With TC YM - I genuinely can't see where the extra $5k goes in the gen.

In your opinion, where is the extra $10k in the gen AP Diver?

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
In your opinion, where is the extra $10k in the gen AP Diver?

I am no AP expert (just a fan of the diver). The gen has a "shine" that is hard to replicate exactly (maybe it's just placebo effect of holding a 15k gen?). The dial on the gen is also more glossy and the tappeserie looks more stunning. The gen hands and hour markers have a better sparkle than the rep. The bezel lume application on the rep is poor and the hour markers and hands are often scratched.

With the TC YM I think the overall quality and feel is very close to the gen. Although I don't actually like YMs (too feminine).

Thanatos

Renowned Member
Certified
10/2/12
EU
TC's Yachtmaster is my fav. It's the complexity of the dial that let me vote for it. It's nearly perfect!

wollerau

Known Member
26/10/15
Ciao from TC and Portuguese :)

IMG_6908.jpg

JMMC

30/11/14
ZF IWC portuguese got my vote.
However, I missed PAM087 from H fact.

ellistyle

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/1/13
The IWC, Zenith and Tudor are beautiful. Looks like not many share that opinion beyond the IWC

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
I dont agree with some points regarding the AP Diver v7. A very good friend has a Gen Gold themes on full gold bracelet and I had my AP Diver v7 on bracelet. They are both hefty watches and to the person who isnt into APs or know much about watches there is no way in hell they would guess the Diver is rep.

Dont get me wrong the Full Gold is very very heavy but in terms of finish etc etc........to the naked eye its hard to tell. Under a loupe probably a different story. The AP diver v7 definitely holds its own.

riso1983

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/12/15
Slovakia
Tudor and Zenith FTW, i don't get the TC hype, and have to say Spectre does really look awful to me :( (I don't like these new omegas)

d4v3

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
20/3/13
Tudor and Zenith FTW, i don't get the TC hype, and have to say Spectre does really look awful to me :( (I don't like these new omegas)
Spectre got my vote :phbbbbt:, lol.