• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ranking movement used in replicas

emitper

Looking Around
5/9/22
Thanks for creating this! Sad to learn that the Master Ultra Thin/MUT Moon movements are so bad.

I would have translated the yellow section name 能去 (lit. "can go") as 'alright'/'OK'/"she'll do", but 'ticks' conveys the spirit well.

Reactions: Crassus and peterw

peterw

Horology Curious
23/10/22
Sister post

zdZAyR.png

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/16
I agree with this. However, I'd say for the Dandong 7750 to avoid playing with it, I know it states that, but right below it, it says "ok to play with the watches above".. 1/10 chance it breaks on chrono reset. Nothing to do with treating it well, it's purely based on 1) how well the movement was assembled, 2) how clean the movement was during assembly, 3) how oiled/lubed/greased the movement was when being assembled (generally entirely dry, terrible job), 4) individual variances in the quality of parts in the movement, pure manufacturing RNG.

And if it breaks, you're fucked. No watchmaker that isn't some rep watchmaker is going to have Dandong 7750 parts laying around.

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/16
Dandongs's rolex super clones are the best movements out there for a rep. Experience wise, my two CF Daytonas (Dandong 4130) are the best running reps I've ever owned. 0 seconds a day currently, chrono works well, good PR, etc.

I'd also say the following on the list need to be bumped up to more reliable:

ETA 2892 (an authentic 2892 is reliable, Hamilton, Bell & Ross, and Tissot do just fine with these)
Seagull 2892 (isn't this actually the seagull ST1812, which is a 2892-A2 clone?)
Dandong 3135

Those movements are all highly reliable. DW issues are to blame on the person assembling the watch, random pauses are likely due to unclean or not well lubricated conditions.

peterw

Horology Curious
23/10/22
I agree with this. However, I'd say for the Dandong 7750 to avoid playing with it, I know it states that, but right below it, it says "ok to play with the watches above".. 1/10 chance it breaks on chrono reset. Nothing to do with treating it well, it's purely based on 1) how well the movement was assembled, 2) how clean the movement was during assembly, 3) how oiled/lubed/greased the movement was when being assembled (generally entirely dry, terrible job), 4) individual variances in the quality of parts in the movement, pure manufacturing RNG.

And if it breaks, you're fucked. No watchmaker that isn't some rep watchmaker is going to have Dandong 7750 parts laying around.
It seems that the consensus among these dealers/reviewers is that Dandong 7750 is ok as long as you don't mess with the chronograph too much. As a watch itself, it is pretty reliable

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…

+1

Sugess use these dandong clones in their chronos. I would safely say they are as unreliable as any other rep movement. It’s pot luck with most rep movements really…

fireice2

Known Member
4/3/19
My ZF 3777-01 broke on reset bec I play with the chronograph too often...

srgbnh

Horology Curious
18/1/20
Very helpful ! Thank you. I have several watches with Miyota 9015. I am very satisfied with it despite the rotor is a little bit noisy.