• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quick Poll - Price Angels

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
I got one of the $30 (shipped) Subs from PA. It pretty much like a standard inexpensive 21j sub except the dial lume job on mine is bad.

killbill

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/11
I ordered a Chanel J12 for the wife - arrived in a week and for $35 approx delivered it was pretty good, all ceramic not coated steel like some of the really cheapo ones.

I can't compare it to an offering from a TD as I've never bought one of theirs.

Overall I'm happy with what I got and the price I paid.

May be tempted to order some more...

arena

Looking Around
30/5/12
Just ordered a Daytona and Calibre 5. I'll post again when they arrive. I'm a noob that's been cruising the site some. Thanks for the good advice/info.

CoolRob

I'm Pretty Popular
19/2/10
I did order a few watches from them. They are cheap rep but good for the price. Shipping is vary between 1 - 2 wks to US. It is good place to try out some models before you go for the high end ones.

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
WOW!! Canal St. >>>

At your fingertips...too bad Chinatown and Little Italy aren't that easy!!!:picard:

revhrd

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/2/11
Here's my issue: I own the worst possible ym ever made. It is starting to show bronze/brass on the case and if worn you get the green stain on your skin. Are these versions going to do the same over time? I wonder...

If only they had the AP survivor I'd go for that.

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
My cheap-ass $30 shipped sub from them appears to be a stainless steel case so my guess is no it won't brass but until someone else buys that specific watch we won't know.

They seem to sell a lot of the same kind of stuff Watch Eden has but for a lot less money.

05tbowner

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/9/10
I ordered a Chanel J12 for the wife - arrived in a week and for $35 approx delivered it was pretty good, all ceramic not coated steel like some of the really cheapo ones.

I can't compare it to an offering from a TD as I've never bought one of theirs.

Overall I'm happy with what I got and the price I paid.

May be tempted to order some more...

Could you possibly tell me which movement it had? It didn't specify if it was quartz or auto in the ad. I'm assuming quartz, but that's probably even better than auto for my wife.

djward

Known Member
20/11/10
just ordered white explorer for 40 bucks, i will use to practice lume skills

revhrd

5/2/11
$57.99
626529_350.jpg

$31.99
118643_350.jpg

$66.04
614410_350.jpg

$97.92
285397_350.jpg

emceekay

Horology Curious
18/3/12
I took a chance on one of Price Angels' more upscale watches, their 116610 Sub-C for $63 shipped. Here are some shots...

For the money, it's a great tool watch and is still running well. The pearl and dial are pretty quick tells to someone who knows what they are looking at, but the overall quality is surprisingly good. Another quick tell is the beat -- it uses a 21,600 bph movement, so the hand sweep is less than smooth.

Shipping took something around two to three weeks, but tracking was available during most of that.

I have taken this watch apart and reassembled it several times and tweaked the timing. For someone wanting to mess with a watch and maybe practice some mods, it's a value. That said, I highly recommend using a TD to purchase a real keeper of a watch -- you have the support and QC that PA doesn't give you. Plus you know (or should know) exactly what you are getting.

Hope this helps.

revhrd

5/2/11
Yes it does help thanks, I know myself and will order and then post a rant thread because it's not meeting my expectations EVEN though we all know what PA is about.

05tbowner

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/9/10
Do they still offer this sub? I wasn't able to find it.

liddo

Known Member
11/11/11
Any idea how to track my order from PA??? They've give me a tracking number starting RA1623******. Hong Kong Post and China Post doesnt recognise it???

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
I found the tracking number didn't work at first, then after a day or so it did ....

Also - IF anyone has an issue (I did....DO) with their watches, please let folks know if you get hassles trying to complete their RMA forms etc. I tried for hours to get the thing to send, without success .... I also discovered that all the messages I had sent (enquiries etc.) actually HAD been replied .... it just seems their system doesn't send responses to the nominated email address. So when I went to find out why I hadn't heard back about my dud watch, they actually had responded.

Then ensued the usual BS about "shake the watch each day for a week to see if it works after doing so" followed by "get a quote from a watchsmith for its repair as we may be able to help you with the costs" followed by "Please tell us the cost of postage if you decide to return it so we can provide compensation"

So I asked a local watchsmith who wanted $50 just to look at it - then discovered it was a rep so wouldn't look at it.

Then got a cost of $18.70 from the Post Office

and of course I shook the bloody thing for a week JUST to make sure I did ALL they suggested. Made no difference - surprise!

They offered $10 compensation IF I send it back to them. Gotta love 'em.

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
Received a Price Angels' GMT and Explorer today. For the money they are nice beater watches. I think the thing that bugs me about them the most is the cheap clasp. The bracelet links aren't half bad. Since the sides are polished there are no sharp edges. This watch just needs a nice clasp.

The dials are light years better than then the one I got on the $30 sub.

Overall, I think these are good beater watches on par with the Silix specials - maybe even a little better. I will be using them to learn some modding, vintagizing, luming, and watch repair with little downside if I break anything.

So far after a day both keep good time.

PA062620121.jpg

PA062620122.jpg

CoolRob

I'm Pretty Popular
19/2/10
This one is very good looking (ceramic bezel):

ROyster.jpg

And this one is really nice ceramic watch for me:

_DSC2802.jpg

I enjoy them both.