• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Question about a Gen Movado

HB212

I'm Pretty Popular
28/4/11
Hey guys, I was given an old Movado a long time ago from my uncle. It's a nice watch, but i'm thinking of selling it. I'm pretty sure it's a gen, I have no reason to believe it's not...but I would like to prove to a potential buyer that it is. I have taken it to my local watchsmith for battery swaps over the years, and he never said anything about it.

Are there any ways to tell if it is a gen by looking at certain parts of it? Any help is appreciated.

I don't know which model it is, but here's a photo:
SauceWatch2.jpg

NigelCA4

Known Member
2/10/10
Probably gold plated, quartz movement, cant be worth more than $100-200 on the secondary market. . . I do not mean this in an insulting way but I doubt they ever made reps of this type of watch simply due to pricing. . .

HB212

I'm Pretty Popular
28/4/11
Probably gold plated, quartz movement, cant be worth more than $100-200 on the secondary market. . . I do not mean this in an insulting way but I doubt they ever made reps of this type of watch simply due to pricing. . .

Yeah I didn't think anyone would rep it either, but I don't want to find out the hard way from a potential buyer, you know.

I wasn't planning on selling it for much.

NigelCA4

Known Member
2/10/10
Yeah I didn't think anyone would rep it either, but I don't want to find out the hard way from a potential buyer, you know.

I wasn't planning on selling it for much.

The movement might be stamped if you open the case back. Check for a serial number and you can try contacting movado to verify the number with them.