• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New member. Help with chrono movement on rep

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07
Have you unscrewed the small rings at the bottom of the pushers? These are locking devices for them. The top pusher starts/stops the chrono, the bottom one resets back to zero. Always stop the chrono before resetting. Hope this helps... :wink:

TA8088

SCAMMER
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
INMATE
28/10/07
Well on the BCE (as well as some other chrono watches) you need to make sure that the pushers are unscrewed before you will be able to use them. I had to figure out the same thing when I got my first one a long time ago. Top photo shows the pushers screwed in (and unable to be used). Bottom pic shows them unscrewed and ready to use.

16itx6s.jpg

fxv1nm.jpg

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07
@ TA8088, a picture paints a thousand words... Just a few more tips regarding A7750 chronos. Try not to wind them, just a gentle shake usually starts them, then just wear it and the auto winder will do it's job. Finally, NEVER, EVER, set the date when the time is between 9 and 3 as it can damage the movement... :wink:

Some say between 10 and 2 but I've messed around with this and felt resistance at the above times...

frenzalrhomb

Known Member
2/8/08
The not setting the date thing between 9 and 3 is that just with a7750's or does it apply to all mechanical movements?

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07
Who did you buy the watch from? You should wear the watch for a few days to make sure it's fully charged/wound and try the chrono function again. I'm sure I've read somewhere that advancing the time 48hrs or so by hand can sometimes cure this symptom. If none of this works, other than decasing the movement and resetting the actual movement pusher mechanism (which is an involved task) you should contact the seller about the fault and ultimately ship it back. Anyone else got any ideas?