• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QF Daytona Le Mans - New Release

engmae

Horology Curious
21/2/24
Do you know, if this is a "heavy weight" or "tungsten" version? Otherwise 700 USD would be ridiculous.

The weight is also the reason why I don't have high hopes for a really good version of Clean - the guys at Clean haven't had any experience with tungsten so far.
According to my guy its total weight = 140g

Not sure about its material if tungesten or not

Anyone may got the original le mans daytona weight?

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14

for 700 USD it won't be Tungsten where they usually are over $1k +

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
TBH this might be a "cheaper" option than buying aftermarket dial + bezel where you don't get the display case back to put it on to a Clean watch

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
for 700 USD it won't be Tungsten where they usually are over $1k +
Unfortunately, this is correct, but it only shows that QF is in the wrong league in terms of price. There would certainly be a market for mid-tier Daytonas, but then the watches should also be offered at a mid-tier price. In my opinion, 700 or 1k with tungsten is simply too much for this watch. And it turns out that the customers (both us "long noses" and the Chinese themselves) are no longer going along with this. AP and ZF have already massively lowered their original prices and the sparrows are whistling from the Cantonese rooftops that BT and APS might get out of the Daytona business altogether.
Clean is already charging far too high prices, but we have grumbled and resigned ourselves to it because the quality is also very good. The fact that the other factories are basing their prices on Clean without delivering the same quality will hopefully break their backs ... or at least force them to set more realistic prices.

scarface1926

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/9/22
Isn't sh4131 exclusive clean? if it is verified to be 24 hours then we will talk about new movement

Messi

⚡️
Patron
Certified
28/4/13
🇺🇸
Decent — I’d still wait until clean makes one or if someone’s able to produce a sunburst dial properly

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Unfortunately, this is correct, but it only shows that QF is in the wrong league in terms of price. There would certainly be a market for mid-tier Daytonas, but then the watches should also be offered at a mid-tier price. In my opinion, 700 or 1k with tungsten is simply too much for this watch. And it turns out that the customers (both us "long noses" and the Chinese themselves) are no longer going along with this. AP and ZF have already massively lowered their original prices and the sparrows are whistling from the Cantonese rooftops that BT and APS might get out of the Daytona business altogether.
Clean is already charging far too high prices, but we have grumbled and resigned ourselves to it because the quality is also very good. The fact that the other factories are basing their prices on Clean without delivering the same quality will hopefully break their backs ... or at least force them to set more realistic prices.
Well TBH prices are not that bad if you don't go via TDs. I have been buying reps for over 14 yrs now, for the last 2 yrs I have been going via other middleman etc where they are around 20-30% cheaper than TDs. For example a CF V3 daytona with Deep XTAL installed shipped is just over $610

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Well TBH prices are not that bad if you don't go via TDs. I have been buying reps for over 14 yrs now, for the last 2 yrs I have been going via other middleman etc where they are around 20-30% cheaper than TDs. For example a CF V3 daytona with Deep XTAL installed shipped is just over $610
Of course, but at the local dealers ALL watches are cheaper. QF has nearly the same price as CF - at the TDs and at the local sellers ;-)

Reactions: Reaps

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18

Gen Daytona weights...

- 148 grams for the Stainless Steel model.
- 195 grams for the White Gold.
- 283 grams for a Platinum Daytona.

The LeMans Daytona is White Gold, so at 142.5g, this pictured QF Rep is 52.5g too lite.
KXsuuX.jpeg

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Of course, but at the local dealers ALL watches are cheaper. QF has nearly the same price as CF - at the TDs and at the local sellers ;-)
i see if they are the same price, I can sell QF be on sales like other factories with the 126XXX models, like ZF