• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC pictures Aquaracer Chrono Quartz please advise THANK YOU !

Netbis71

15/4/15
Also, look at the 1/10th hand on my first picture. It appears to be not fully painted in black.
This is a good qc exercise for me for future purchases. Who is the maker of these Tag's?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

tomofu

Looking Around
20/4/15
Yes that's exactly what QC pics are for! You can never be too critical when dropping good money for a rep.

I'm not sure who the maker of these Tag's are.

The hands on my Tag with the black dial are actually silver mirror finished. I think in the QC pics, the angle of the lighting causes the hands to be mostly unlit - causing a black appearance. Daywatch's second picture of his Tag with the Rollie Explorer shows the silver mirror finished hands fairly well.

Also, look at the 1/10th hand on my first picture. It appears to be not fully painted in black.
This is a good qc exercise for me for future purchases. Who is the maker of these Tag's?

Netbis71

15/4/15
Good money, YES. Canadian $ is pretty weak these days, it hurts to see $380CAN charge on cc for this Tag alone.

Netbis71

15/4/15
I don't know if they already got a new watch or if it is still the same watch, i think it's the same, but I spotted another problem with the bezel bumper. I see them having bad finish and one has bad edge finish ?

Truly, don't know if I got any more nerves to deal with this. I am an honest person and just want the good sample of the watch after dropping total of $380CAN, but it seems like we are not communicating on the same frequencies, maybe it is a cultural thing, I don't know. Tired of this qc "hide and seek". Honestly, even a part-timer who sells watches at department store can tell the difference quickly if quality of the product is acceptable or not when having it in their hand, and these dealers are pros, I say they probably ship in 1000's in a year. Hopefully this is a bad picture or speck of dust.....again.

D

d4m.test

I don't know if they already got a new watch or if it is still the same watch, i think it's the same, but I spotted another problem with the bezel bumper. I see them having bad finish and one has bad edge finish ?

Truly, don't know if I got any more nerves to deal with this qc acceptance. I am an honest person and just want the good sample of the watch after dropping total of $380CAN, but it seems like we are not communicating on the same frequencies, maybe it is a cultural thing, I don't know anymore. Tired of this qc "hide and seek". Honestly, even a part-timer who sells jewelry and watches at department store can tell the difference quickly if quality of the product is acceptable or not when having it in their hand, and these dealers are pros, I say they probably ship in 1000's in a year. Hopefully this is a bad picture or speck of dust.....again.

rep is a rep but common'...decency is expected !

You´re right but that doesn´t help it, You will have to be patient, kind, deal with it and ask for another if You do want one of the nice ones like pictured. Suppose on the right it´s just dirt but the bezel on the left looks knocked or missing a part of metal. Both Ryan and Jordan do put a lot of effort in pre-qc (unlike some other TDs), You´re just not being lucky until now, it will change.

livefree

Renowned Member
28/11/12
I never dealt with intime but I know for a fact some dealers know That the watch is not good but will send u qc pics trying to hide the issues. But we are dealing with reps and people on the other side of the world so SOL.

Netbis71

15/4/15
I can clearly see the bumper edge knocked off or grind off too much. This would be even hard to fix, and requires disassembling the bezel. Unfortunately, I am not very lucky with this watch, totally opposite what I experienced with my first purchase. I am not over reacting here and I am very polite in my emails, like I said in my previous message, all I want is acceptable quality and fairly good sample, not looking for perfection here and gen like finish, although Daywatch's sample is stunning, and so are the TD's website pictures. I have learned that reps purchases are not always laid out with roses, and the road can be bumpy, but hopefully this one will get resolved and forgotten.

Netbis71

15/4/15
good rule of thumb if you feel in your gut you should reject it, reject it. thats the point of the QC

You're right about the gut feeling. I just got new pictures and I have very good feeling this time and watch looks nice and clean, it was worth the wait.

Netbis71

15/4/15
You´re right but that doesn´t help it, You will have to be patient, kind, deal with it and ask for another if You do want one of the nice ones like pictured. Suppose on the right it´s just dirt but the bezel on the left looks knocked or missing a part of metal. Both Ryan and Jordan do put a lot of effort in pre-qc (unlike some other TDs), You´re just not being lucky until now, it will change.
Finally, I got new qc's and it looks in pair with yours, clean and good to go at least on pictures. I have a good feeling this time so it's all good.
Thanks for heads up.

Netbis71

15/4/15
I received my new Tag Aquaracer, and Wow! It is absolutely awesome looking watch. I have waited a month to have this beauty (shipping took only 4-5 days).It completely left me breath less when I took it out of the box. I can't believe the top quality reps deliver these days, first my Noob v4 PAM390, and now this Tag Chrono true replica masterpieces.

When Daywatch said its super-rep, my watch is just that a super rep. Thank you guys for advises, and dealing with QC.

I have been wearing my new Tag 2 weeks now, on/off not everyday, and I am very happy with it. Swiss (parts) Ronda 5040.B keeps very good time (started +1.5 sec/day, but for the last 2 days only lost 1 second, it is very accurate and this past entire week its been fast only about 4 sec). In the future this movement can be upgraded to true swiss made (with swiss parts) 13 jewels same exact as gen Aquaracer for about 80USD+ labor. All chrono functions work as per gen watch and I can use chrono anytime without worrying of movement going bad or missaligned gears (like A7750). LOVE iT !

JohnWick

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
31/1/16
Good money, YES. Canadian $ is pretty weak these days, it hurts to see $380CAN charge on cc for this Tag alone.

I concur * ! expensive for a quartz tag.. I mean for this price you can get omega auto's !!