• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC pictures Aquaracer Chrono Quartz please advise THANK YOU !

Netbis71

15/4/15
QC pics Aquaracer Chrono Swiss Ronda 5040B Quartz

Hi Guys,

This is my first Tag purchase, and second watch purchase, I need your advise on this one since I am relatively new. I don't think I should accept this watch...

1. what strikes me is the chrono 1/10 hand misaligned @6 o'clock
2. the bezel from the back side has a rough finish, or is it just a light reflection?

D

d4m.test

Hi, ask the TD to start/stop the chrono and reset the hands to 12, take another pic. It really should be centered.
Good luck, nice watch

bRONX

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/13
good rule of thumb if you feel in your gut you should reject it, reject it. thats the point of the QC

bRONX

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/13
and since you posted this you think you should ask for another and just want a consensus from everyone else, i say get another, if not theres no point in even sending QC pics

livefree

Renowned Member
28/11/12
is it my eyes or the inner circle of the subdial at 6 look all fugly and not circular? that is a huge flaw way more noticeable then the others op pointed out. beautiful watch though. I like the white dial. dont play with the chrono. messed up my chrono with my first rep which was a Aquaracer chrono with blue dial. beautiful watch. in my defense Purtime sent me wonky watch with the chrono button at 2 gettting stuck and not releasing back into place. can't catch that with qc pics.

livefree

Renowned Member
28/11/12
oh wait. you said this is a quartz. i gues than it doesn't matter. mine was is 7750 and do def dont work the chrono on those. Also make sure the scuba guy is polished. I got one that was not polished and all rough.

Netbis71

15/4/15
is it my eyes or the inner circle of the subdial at 6 look all fugly and not circular? that is a huge flaw way more noticeable then the others op pointed out. beautiful watch though. I like the white dial. dont play with the chrono. messed up my chrono with my first rep which was a Aquaracer chrono with blue dial. beautiful watch. in my defense Purtime sent me wonky watch with the chrono button at 2 gettting stuck and not releasing back into place. can't catch that with qc pics.

Thank you, I didn't catch dial issue. I will add that to email and send it to td

D

d4m.test

Yes, it´s the quartz Ronda, totally reliable Chrono-function, same movement and function as gen with ticking seconds subdial at 3, sweeping 1/10th second split chrono at 6 which doubles as a 12 hour counter after the first minute and well readable chrono-30 minutes counter at 9. Split date window at 12 with 2 datewheels, it´s well readable (even without Cyclops:). Normally these are good to go, this is not the best sample.
Here´s mine
IMG_5130.jpg

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
I was really thinking of getting one of these as its very affordable and no one can say hey that's a quartz because the genuine is!!! A reliable Chrono, not that I ever use the one on my Gen speedy but still!

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
Instead of just flat out rejecting the watch why not just ask to reset the chrono to zero like Daywatch said? It may not even be an issue. I highly doubt that circle is out of shape. You can see it's most likely a light reflection. so just ask ryan to confirm. no reason just to reject without asking first. That makes more work for the dealer which is unnecessary if there's no issue. If he checks it then for you and finds there is an issue then he will get you a new watch, but just don't reject a watch without asking first.

Netbis71

15/4/15
Daywatch, yours is beautiful for sure.
I hope TD can get me a nicer sample.
I am a little ticked because I asked for good sample, but they're just trying to push this out or what...

egroegart

1/7/13
Daywatch, yours is beautiful for sure.
I hope Ryan can get me a nicer sample.
I am a little ticked because I asked for good sample, but they're just trying to push this out or what...

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

so what are the issues that you know for sure this watch has?

Netbis71

15/4/15
Yes TD to confirm the findings and to let me know. If its bad then replace it. I know light and angles can be tricky in photography.

egroegart

1/7/13
ok good. Hopefully the chrono hand will be fine, and the shape of that subdial is not a problem. I can gurarantee that's light. but see what he says. Good luck. and let us know. if that subdial hand resets to zero then this is a great watch.

Netbis71

15/4/15
Seconds chrono subdial hand misaligned, the bezel apparently it is just a dust. Nothing mentioned about non circular subdial, but his is taking it back to factory because hand is off.
It is indeed a beautiful sports watch for the summer, and I like quartz chronos because of worry free operation. I have old Tag Formula 1996 chrono quartz never had problem in 19 years used chronograph many times in 19 years.

Netbis71

15/4/15
Yes, it´s the quartz Ronda, totally reliable Chrono-function, same movement and function as gen with ticking seconds subdial at 3, sweeping 1/10th second split chrono at 6 which doubles as a 12 hour counter after the first minute and well readable chrono-30 minutes counter at 9. Split date window at 12 with 2 datewheels, it´s well readable (even without Cyclops:). Normally these are good to go, this is not the best sample.
Here´s mine
IMG_5130.jpg
TD is taking watch back . Btw, your photography/ Photoshop skills are exceptional great work.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

Thanks Netbis, once You use layers it´s easy and fun:)
TAGEXP_3312_DW_zps62dc21df.jpg

tomofu

Looking Around
20/4/15