• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC picture question

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
The date does seem to be sitting somewhat high(er than I would like). Ask the TD for more pics with the watch set to different dates.

Morrob95

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/12/19
Date is 100% off center a little bit. That being said, one of my watches dates begins moving a little bit past 10pm for some reason, maybe that's what's going on here?

davidc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/5/22
I think you're right. It might be starting to change.
I requested more pictures with different dates.
also mention to set the time to something earlier just in case because its getting close to 12 to change over the date why it might appear to be high

Reactions: ApexDestroyer

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Be aware, if you reject this watch, the next one may have worse flaws.
Normally I'm the first to offer the same warning and encourage members to go with the watch they're being offered (because of the usual "is my rehaut detached?" or "does this grid I laid over the dial show the 9 baton is 0.0000001 degrees wonky?" level of questions). But this one exhibits (what looks like) a flaw I know would upset me every time I so much as glanced at it. So I'd still encourage the OP to get some more dates checked and if they all sit the same, and the date hasn't started it's change process at 10.10 pm (which is a possibility if it's an ETA clone but unlikely if it's a VR movement) then reject it. Clean date wheels are usually utterly bang on (IME).

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
I thought about this and I am happy with everything else in the QC pictures but this just sticks out like a sore thumb for me and I notice it everyday.
Impossible to not see once seen…..
Drawing Cleaning Up GIF by IOCDF

Sumo86

8/1/23
Uk
You're gonna have an issue on the 6th of every month. He swept past it fast at the start.

And stopped at the 5th...very fishy

Reactions: Dave2302

ApexDestroyer

Time-Keeper
Certified
13/1/23
USA
I've watched it a hundred times. He's carelessly going through the numbers. It's hard to tell if he's just passing over the "click" on accident or on purpose. The dates that he goes slow on seem fine though. Could 1 or 2 numbers be off center? I don't think so. But I could just be blinded by my flashy new watch.
I would like to see the date change using the hands. Like progress is 24 hours.
Not sure what to do now.
Headache Make It Stop GIF by Jeremy Speed Schwartz

Reactions: Dave2302