• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pure Gold - post you FG watches here for our ogling pleasure

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
This is ridiculously gorgeous! I'm guessing gen dial, date wheel and RG plating?
No that A. L&S rep is probably 15 years old. It has never been plated and never modified :) They just don't make them like this anymore.
This is also super cool. YG plating and gen insert?
It is actually a €80 (IIRC) Sub off DHgate with no mods. I got it a long time ago. Sometimes you get lucky :)

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
No that A. L&S rep is probably 15 years old. It has never been plated and never modified :) They just don't make them like this anymore.

It is actually a €80 (IIRC) Sub off DHgate with no mods. I got it a long time ago. Sometimes you get lucky :)
Wow! Mind blown.... I thought modern reps were another level to previous iterations. I'm defo not going to start trawling DH Gate hoping to get another one. Lightning doesn't strike twice lol

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
I thought modern reps were another level to previous iterations.
In a lot of cases that is just a myth. There were some Noob watches that were never surpassed even now. Same goes for some of the no name factories that come and go. TC or WM9 for 5 digits has not been surpassed. That A. L&S was MBW as far as I know.

For a while everyone believes the hype. The new shiny thing is always better. It is just not always the case.

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
In a lot of cases that is just a myth. There were some Noob watches that were never surpassed even now. Same goes for some of the no name factories that come and go. TC or WM9 for 5 digits has not been surpassed. That A. L&S was MBW as far as I know.

For a while everyone believes the hype. The new shiny thing is always better. It is just not always the case.
I'm lucky enough to own a TC 5 digit kermit. It's a real gem and the only watch I've never been tempted to sell on M2M.

Reactions: KJ2020 and C Master

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
16841954545910.jpg

• Love
Reactions: C Master