• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pure Gold - post you FG watches here for our ogling pleasure

KruisingKhaos95

Got any plums?
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
20/9/21
Spion Kop - The Scouse Republic
hWQjPb.jpeg

hWQZoi.jpeg

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Hey brother, has the gold plating held up well? Any recommendations to keep it in good condition?

Hello mate! Beautiful timepiece!! Would you recommend gold plated watches? I'm interested in buying a Daytona Gold with rubber strap but nervous the plating will rub off quickly 😔
That 16619 Serti that you quoted is an old BP. I sold it years ago and should not have done so. I must find another one.

You can probably see I have a lot of GP watches and I personally never had an issue. Sometimes the plating on exteriors such as crowns do fade. I do treat them well. I clean them regularly with lens cleaner. I polish them lightly with Renaissance wax. They are always kept in a watch box or enclosed watch winder when they are not on my wrist. Most of my GP reps are old so I cannot attest to the quality of plating now.

@TESLA760 did a good write up on GP watches and it was very positive towards them. Look him up and find the threads he started and you will find the review.

Reactions: Skender