• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pulled the trigger on a few reps

watchnerd23

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/19
1. No. I think it depends on a lot of things. What’s being delivered. Who the customs agent is. What they’re looking for. Like I believe they’re more likely to seize Rolex than other brands. Whenever I have something “detained” the agent is always the same and he’s a ball buster. He’s pretty much targeting me. So if he sees a Rolex, he confiscates it. I’ve had people get a call from customs (or a lettter) asking them to pay $6 to $50 in taxes and then the watch is released to them. I’ve had Panerai detained but release and shipped right on. It’s just a matter of extra time.

2. I don’t think it matters. The seller has to fill out a form prior to shipping n it probably says “watch” right on it. Remember, not everything that comes from China is a rep. I’d say “it’s a watch is fine” because this way you’re not lying to them. It is a watch. I mean they’re gonna find out anyway.

3. Not all. I’ve lost a few. Mainly multiple watches shipments and always Rolex (through friends have had theirs delivered from customst) but, again, I’ve had good luck with omega and pamerai ,

good luck.

So today is day 30. I just called customs and the lady had to look up my package and she said someone would call me back to tell me what is going on. She asked the contents of the package. I said "a watch" (just like my TD instructed me to say). She asked what the brand of the watch is, I said, "its a generic Chinese watch". Obviously wasnt going to say Cartier. I asked why its taking so long, she said alot of things from China are counterfeit and there are tons of packages, so we have to open them all to see the contents. I said I order from China all the time and its never taken this long. She didnt say anything.

What are the odds I am going to get this delivery?

Daher

3/7/19
Never had any troubles with customs, neither with watches nor designer clothes... but then again I live in Sweden.

yumu1009

Horology Curious
7/8/19
so i got the watches in yesterday, The panerai was not working at all (sad that i have to send it back) The submariner looked and felt awesome! Only downside was the crown functions are here nor there. Very hard to adjust date/hands. Other than that im gonna order a couple omegas next! Thanks for everyones help :)

valueprop

17/12/19
I'm with you on the sudden addiction boat - no other hobby can offer this kind of satisfaction on its price point. If I could buy cars or houses at 97% discount I'd do that too, instead I just pulled the trigger on a PAM382 from puretime, because bronzo. Sorry to hear about customs, I'm in NYC and haven't had any problems with my other packages, I hope this isn't the start of a trend!