• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Problem with shipping 4 orders using DHL in Hong Kong

rnrprof

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
24/3/14
United States
I have been buying watches from Toro for years and he is my go-to guy. He gave me tracking number for a package on the 20th of November but it never showed up as being handed over to DHL and then he gave me another tracking number for another package on the 26th of November and same problem with that shipment- As of today- 12-3-2015 neither of them show up as having been given to DHL for shipment.

Toro is telling me that there are issues with DHL in Hong Kong and reps - I certainly don't want him to ship anything with a high probability of seizure but other members here have gotten their packages sent though Hong Kong using DHL this past 2 weeks. Does anyone know of this DHL issue?

I have never had any issue with Toro in the past, but I am beginning to worry since it has been 2 weeks since he gave me QC pictures; I approved them and he gave me tracking numbers that do not work.

As I said earlier- he has been my number 1 dealer for years. Just thought you might all want to know what my current experience is with shipping through Toro/DHL/Hong Kong at the present.

I mentioned 4 packages in the title since I spoke with a friend of mine who is also a long time member here, and he has had the same conversation with Toro.

I hop that this issue gets cleared up soon.

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
There is a post about this issue here and on RWG as well talking about the DHL delays. Mine starting moving after about 3 days of no updates. I am sure it will get cleared up in no time.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I use package buddy, an android app. Every shipping lane is pretty choked up right now. I ordered from Amazon on Tuesday, they said it would be here Thursday, now it's Friday.. They don't usually get delays. I just think there are tighter security clearances everywhere coupled with the holiday season which started really early this year.

rnrprof

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
24/3/14
United States
I certainly hope that is it simply an issue of stuffed holiday traffic. Still does not explain why other shipments made it through HK DHL during the same timeframe- maybe those were just lucky and could have been seized. As I mentioned earlier if the reason TORO or his courier is holding the shipments is to make sure that the packages are not seized than all my congratulations to TORO and thanks to him for looking out for us.

Doright

Renowned Member
3/8/13
I'm having same issue. Taking longer than usual from Toro and DHL.

rnrprof

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
24/3/14
United States
Rob - that could be it and he is looking for another courier to transport to DHL- but if so he should let us know so we can make other decisions like send HK post or EMS etc

Heisenberg

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/1/11
Same situation here. QC approved on a multi-piece order 11/21, received DHL track# 11/23 but only label has been printed, they have not received the parcel. After inquiring about the delay last week, I received the same explanation that DHL was checking for reps in Hong Kong and shipments were therefore being held. But I have not received any further updates this week. And I know several who ordered from other dealers in the past week that had no delays whatsoever - they got their DHL parcels picked up and processed through Hong Kong with delivery in USA in 2 days... So I don't think this is quite what it was explained to be. Hopefully it will be fixed soon and we will all receive our orders shortly.

WilsonWilson

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/5/15
I had the same issue some weeks ago, it seems depend on the xmas period and the huge amount of orders to ship. At least this is the explanation I got

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rnrprof

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
24/3/14
United States
Rob, If none of us sees any positive movement or reasons how do we or I send it to a mod to intervene? It is just like the good guy down your street that was always friendly etc until one day and then @ @ @ @.

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
He told me the same thing that DHL seized some shipments so now he used Aramex for mine (Aramex used always by Ryan InTime). Hope it will go through with no issues, just received the tracking info so will let you know of the updates

Sent from my S6 Edge+

rnrprof

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
24/3/14
United States
must be Chinese government or DHL is getting paid by China to hold packages they think are suspicious and I guess that is based on who it is coming from . Toro told me about another company that would guarantee shipment for $80 through DHL but I don't think Aramex is the name- How long ago did Toro ship that with Aramex and did it cost more?

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
TDs print DHL shipping label and give you a tracking number.

They then give the parcel to a courier who takes it to the DHL depot.

The courier takes 2 days to take the parcel from TD to the DHL depot.

Once DHL relieve the parcel (sometimes 2-3days after tracking number generated) ... The tracking is updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
I'm having the same DHL issues with a non-watch purchase....they say that they are backed up already...

letti001

Horology Curious
29/3/13
My shipment shipment has been sitting on HK sine Nov. 18th. Not moving,