• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Problem with delivery

zap99

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/6/09
I bought 2 breitlings from hont, quite expensive ones. Both of them were working very bad after about 3-4 weeks after purchase. I did not want to take the risk to send both away and maybe lose them. So I just sent one away to Hont which gave me the adress to him. After about 3 weeks I just recently asked whats going on. Hont replied "no package". The next day coincidentally suddenly my package had arrived but of course without the watch and just my included specification of the things that I had discovered were not working.

The package was well sealed and he sent me pictures showing the package and it looked like the same just that "someone" had picked out the included "main attraction".

Well I guess it is a bit tricky to find honest people in this world that does not get tempted to steal stuffs when they get the chance.

So almost 300 Usd wasted for nothing but trouble...

I cant blame someone but I am just really disappointed

ispytonyv

Renowned Member
16/8/09
Re: Problem with hont service

... before you get completely shredded by the regulars, I'll say this:

Yes it sucks feeling like you've been taken advantage of, but I've heard from many many members here that Hont is renowned for excellent service and for being very helpful and reputable.

Would he put that in jeopardy, potentially risking thousands of dollars in business, to "steal" watches he could get for next to nothing? I'm sure Hont and some of the board members will get things straightened out. After reading many threads here the lesson is that problems will occur, even with trusted dealers, but those are the ones who will try to resolve them.

mackiem

9/8/09
Thats a shame, lucky you didn't send both. Do they offer insurance on international post?

zap99

15/6/09
Well it just SUCKS when someone can´t hold their hands off something. It just makes people less confident to send things...

Even if I have had insurance, what should I say - Hi post office! I have sent a fake bretling and it is worth 300 usd.

They would laugh and say - go to a street market and buy them for 10 bucks, You ain´t getting 300 usd for that!

benshermin

Known Member
12/6/09
Yeah, I've not ordered from Hont yet, but I will tell you from reading a bunch about him on here, it's safe to say he did nothing wrong here. Certainly someone at customs is wearing a nice new broken watch. Sucks but like you said, there really isn't much you can do but explain to Hont the situation and see what happens.

zap99

15/6/09
benshermin said:
Yeah, I've not ordered from Hont yet, but I will tell you from reading a bunch about him on here, it's safe to say he did nothing wrong here. Certainly someone at customs is wearing a nice new broken watch. Sucks but like you said, there really isn't much you can do but explain to Hont the situation and see what happens.

The thing is - I sent it without the bracelet so someone is wearing this with a plastic rubber bracelet I assume :)

Well Hont said he was going to check with the post office about the issue.

zap99

15/6/09
Several days later
No watch is showing up.

Hont who supposed to be this friendly a month ago just seems ignorant and seems to believe I mad this up.

I asked him for a price if I wanted to buy the same type but brand new watch again from him and he just replies that he takes a risk!

WHAT?

So when I bought 2 bretlings from him for a total of about 630 usd I did not take a risk???

He is really pissing me of now and does NOT treat me like a 630 dollar client.
Take into consideration that these watches can be bought in some european countries for next to nothing. This piece of **** did´nt even have the rotor in place when I picked it up

I have to rephrase myself several times now just to make him understand my words. This was NOT the case when I was a new potential client wanting to buy 2 fresh watches... then the thing about "payment options" and all that came up very quickly...

I thought I was smart buying these "high quality" replicas, Now they have just given me trouble!

This sucks big time!

Spiccato

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
Hiya Zap...

Remember, you didn't send the watch to Omaha, St Louis, or Cleveland.
You didn't buy an Invicta from Florida.
You sent it many thousands of miles away back to a place where it's quite illegal to do the very business Hont deals in.
Here's what probably happened....someone got into your box and took your watch. They knew you'd be just plain out of luck.
It wasn't Hont. Had nothing to do with him.
I've never ordered from him, so I have no interest in defending him.

I'm genuinely sorry about your trouble. It sucks big time.

You have to accept this, move on, and buy the next watch.

Cheers, mate.

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
Having your watch stolen obviously sucks, but there is nothing Hont can do about it, and from what I read here, what would he bother to steal a broken watch with no strap ???

I'm not really sure about this customs thing. Stealings usually happends with new employees of parcel companies. It's not a cmmon thing, but it does happen, and thats why you can subscribe an insurance.

zap99 said:
This piece of **** did´nt even have the rotor in place when I picked it up

This is another issue. i don't have a big exeprience with watches, so maybe some other members can tell you if this kind of thing has happend before during shipment or if it is more a QC problem.

Either way, I don't think getting mad will help.

Obie

31/3/08
whole thing smells a bit to me......hont sending out two broken watches?
I thought he was famous for his QC compared to others.

iphreak

Renowned Member
28/8/09
Obie said:
whole thing smells a bit to me......hont sending out two broken watches?
I thought he was famous for his QC compared to others.

This is exactly what I was thinking... I would have ordered from Hont, but he does not take PayPal. Everything I read, and I mean everything, pointed to what a great dealer he is. Something if strange. I guess if both were packaged together and the box was thrashed around a bit, it could cause an issue.

On a personal note, I have not received my rep yet, and I pray that it comes in without an issue. But if it does not, this is part of the deal. No one wants to "flush" 300USD but what can Hont do? It is not like he can send you two more at no charge. Can you two not come up to an agreement at all? Have you even tried?

I am not attacking you at all, I am just wondering what your process was.

mackiem

9/8/09
how would the post office know it was a fake watch and its value or whats in the box. you just put your claim in and see what amount they offer.

here's royal mail policy for International Signed Service

If your item is lost or damaged in transit, we will pay compensation of up to the value of 100 First Class stamps per item upon production of a copy of the certificate of posting and proof of item value. Extra compensation of up to £250 or up to £500 (depending on the country) is available for an extra charge of £2.20 per item (in addition to the £3.70 International Signed For™ fee). Please note however that the maximum compensation for cash and money sent via International Signed For™ is £100 when extra compensation has been purchased. Also cash and money cannot be sent at all to a number of countries, so you should check with Royal Mail Customer Services on 08457 740 740 before sending cash and money, etc to check that it is possible to do so. In addition, extra compensation is not available for items containing mobile phones (so that the maximum compensation for the loss or damage to a mobile phone is the value of 100 First Class stamps per package sent.
Please note that Royal Mail will not pay any compensation on items that are prohibited or restricted in the country of destination (see below)

ewatch

25/10/08
This is an unfortunate situation, and i hear your point, i've never ordered a watch from hont but i have asked him many questions and he seems like a good retailer, i'd try a different method of communication, anger never resolves anything even if your right putting the other party on defense is not a good way to get what you want.

Eric

horologik

I'm Pretty Popular
8/6/09
Montreal, QC, Canada
Just wanted to add my .02 cents in,

I empathize with you on your loss in this. I have not dealt with Hont, although I tried many times...but CC issues...etc... But, I am sure he is one of the most straightforward guy on this forum.

BUT, you should ask the admin or someone who has dealt with him on the board if he could mediate a deal.

Like you can pay 300$ for two new watches to compensate for the ones that don't work? Split the cost and risk of doing business. Because, now apparently, there is a risk to EVEN send it back.

You can send the money to "The mediator" and when you get your watch, "The mediator" sends the money. OF COURSE, you would pay all PP fees for the transaction or CC fees that "The Mediator" will incur when sending the money to Hont.

Getting mad at the guy won't solve much...he has got the big end of the stick or your money already.

Hey, just an idea.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
The problem here is that he has not received a watch to do an exchange on.

indyberetta

Renowned Member
16/6/07
Houston, Texas USA
I am sure Hont has nothing to do with the watch missing. The watch has travelled around the world and many hands have touched the package. Someone probably did not even know it was a fake watch. They probably just stuffed it in their pocket and thought they hit the jackpot.

Best thing to do is try to work something out with Hont. He seems like a gentleman everytime I have had a discussion with him. This is not the first time this has happened and won't be the last for sure! :|