• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pp Aquanaut travel time 5164A incoming

Nivka

Respected Member
10/4/15
Australia
Actually the skeleton hand is the home time and the solid hand is GMT (because you can move the latter with the pushers at 8 and 10)

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Actually the skeleton hand is the home time and the solid hand is GMT (because you can move the latter with the pushers at 8 and 10)

Hmmm, I know what you mean but I would still call the white skeleton hand the GMT hand: the movement works in a similar way to Rolex' (true GMT) and also in that case the GMT hand is the "other" one not the regular hour hand, even though the latter can be moved indipendently

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Found the pics posted by reppists in this non-TD website. PLEASE BE AWARE THIS IS A NON-TD AND SUSPECTED SCAM SITE, BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK:

https://www.chinanoobwatch.com/pate...ainless-steel-black-dial-swiss-324sc-fus.html

Factory appears to be MP (same one as the green Aquanaut which recently came out), price is on the steep side, but again this is not-TD so probably with TDs price will be cheaper.

Unfortunately still no info on thickness...

damocles

Renowned Member
Certified
21/12/15
any follow up on this? when is it releasing?

btw the blue dial doesnt seem to exist, they only have the skeleton blue dial

Reactions: stoyania

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
any follow up on this? when is it releasing?

btw the blue dial doesnt seem to exist, they only have the skeleton blue dial

Blue dial is fantasy. I'd say if a non-td has it already, it must be a matter of days until our TDs have it as well

rcom440

Respected Member
10/11/12
USA
I hope they, MP, release other aquanauts, with less complication and more accurate thickness.
geen one is nice but those CG are totally messed up and travel time looks as thick as AP Diver. It has pretty accurate dial.
Im waiting to see more releases from this factory.

Reactions: ssouthall6
G

Tim (Fat Panda) has this on his site (he is a TD here IIRC). It looks really good, I'm tempted

ca7830371afe69f5a26c5d889fd0c857.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

markiemark

Bracelet King
18/4/13
EU
5164 is a stunning piece, gen that is.

This rep looks very thick and the crown is like a penis sticking out.

I'd rather have a non-working traveltime function and a slim(mer) case...

G

5164 is a stunning piece, gen that is.

This rep looks very thick and the crown is like a penis sticking out.

I'd rather have a non-working traveltime function and a slim(mer) case...
Agreed. I don't understand why they try to rep the complications et al and deco movements. Give me a basic albeit thinner piece any day of the week.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Simonbolivar

Renowned Member
17/2/13
Long Island, New York
Im in the market for an Aquanaut and really love the gen version of this watch. But this version of the rep is not cutting it for me. Way too thick, the case finish/crown guards are wrong and missing the date pusher. Personally I am sticking with the normal Aquanaut for now. Hopefully another factory will give it a try down the road.

rcom440

Respected Member
10/11/12
USA
Im in the market for an Aquanaut and really love the gen version of this watch. But this version of the rep is not cutting it for me. Way too thick, the case finish/crown guards are wrong and missing the date pusher. Personally I am sticking with the normal Aquanaut for now. Hopefully another factory will give it a try down the road.

Same here. Case is way out of proportion. Too many flaws.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Trusty has uploaded also the video (see link above)...I find quite strange that he would state thickness at 10mm if the watch is actually 12.5mm or thicker. For all I know he has always been quite precise with the measurements, maybe 0.5mm here and there, but not 2.5 freaking millimiters!

timnic54

Respected Member
16/2/16
Thailand
It is also clear from the video that the skeleton hour hand is actually a power reserve indicator, so there is no GMT function at all . I am guessing the pushers do nothing.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
It is also clear from the video that the skeleton hour hand is actually a power reserve indicator, so there is no GMT function at all . I am guessing the pushers do nothing.

I guess the trade-off was between a movement with GMT hand and fake date at 6 o'clock and fake GMT with working date...probably the right choice