• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PP 5980 Nautilus which one?

Midnightguy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/12/14
Hi guys,

I am planning to get a nautilus 5980 which should I get?

1) Rose gold,
2) Stainless Steel

Btw are the back case too thick as compared to gen?

Thanks for helping! :thumbup:

ikugan

Renowned Member
25/5/10
That's personal opinion bud. I've had both, but if you are ocd, I'd stick with ss as the rose gold tends to scratch quicker. Also, it's a rep of a 90,000 dollar or so watch, so hopefully you can pull it off. Just find the correct dial for the all rose gold.

Retina

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
18/12/14
i have the rg, and i rock it like a rockstar. no ones gonna know the cost of it unless you walk into an AD

Midnightguy

10/12/14
I'd stick with ss as the rose gold tends to scratch quicker. Also, it's a rep of a 90,000 dollar or so watch, so hopefully you can pull it off.

Agree, the rg look stunning to me but does rg coating on rep scratch off easily?
Very true, if i wear such a watch and dine in some cheap place i guess people will start to judge.

Midnightguy

10/12/14
i have the rg, and i rock it like a rockstar. no ones gonna know the cost of it unless you walk into an AD
Hehe, i m sure u do. Well said, not many people have contact with such high end stuff.

Anyone wanna share a wrist shot? XD

Laz730

Known Member
5/12/14
Hehe, i m sure u do. Well said, not many people have contact with such high end stuff.

Anyone wanna share a wrist shot? XD

Get whatever one you like if you can't decide than get both lol here's a wrist shot of mine

joes

I'm Pretty Popular
2/1/15
That's personal opinion bud. I've had both, but if you are ocd, I'd stick with ss as the rose gold tends to scratch quicker. Also, it's a rep of a 90,000 dollar or so watch, so hopefully you can pull it off. Just find the correct dial for the all rose gold.

The RG you sold me I wore yesterday to a work event with a nice suit. It's blingy, bling, bling and definitely not a daily beater. Whether people know the gen is $90k I can't be sure but the RG really screams "LOOK AT ME!!". Have a 5911 in SS and have worn that to work and it's a lot more understated but still looks great.

Midnightguy

10/12/14
Get whatever one you like if you can't decide than get both lol here's a wrist shot of mine
Wow...nice thanks for the pic. The rg version is screaming in my head now :punk: . No doubt the ss version is stunning too.
Hmmmm...but i should play safe for a start, i guess ss will be my choice for now..but the rg....:punk:

Midnightguy

10/12/14
The RG you sold me I wore yesterday to a work event with a nice suit. It's blingy, bling, bling and definitely not a daily beater. Whether people know the gen is $90k I can't be sure but the RG really screams "LOOK AT ME!!". Have a 5911 in SS and have worn that to work and it's a lot more understated but still looks great.

Yes, i agree it should not be a daily watch but it will scream for you to wear it out XD

Phantomtech

I'm Pretty Popular
28/12/12
I have both, I don't think you can choose one over the other. You NEED them ALL!!

joes

I'm Pretty Popular
2/1/15
^^^^niicceee!! I agree, you need both eventually. Where did you get the brown strap for the RG? Thinking about that myself instead of the bracelet.

Flashbolt987

1/3/15
They look pretty good. Has anyone ever compared to gen to see how close the accuracy is?

willisd

8/9/14
hey guys i know this may be personal preference but in your opinion what feels better on the watch the steel bracelet or the leather