• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO bracelet sizing tutorial

XFi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/2/12
I have a v5 PO on the way. I also have a bracelet tool (like on the one side some kind of fork and on the other side a pin remover). Would this work?

Thanks!

Finlandesi

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
16/3/15
I did this the ghetto way on my PO, such a pain in the ass. why no scews omega?

xxlxxl69

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
18/3/15
These bracelet is a pain in the ass to be modified

xxlxxl69

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
18/3/15
Great guide, these bracelets are pain in the ass, screws are really a better options

lorraindu34

Known Member
29/5/15
Fr
[h=3]PO Strap are now High quality stainless steel bracelet with Links with Screwed Pins, so easier to remove right ? [/h]Do you use 1mm screwdriver ??

BR

Yelow69

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/9/14
Picked one of these up for $10 and it works like a charm.

Xodus

Horology Curious
11/8/15
Will this method work for the Noob LMPO? I've heard that resizing it is difficult, and I've never resized a watch before. Or, is there any other method someone would recommend?

Reactions: Randomized

sub05

19/7/15
I just want to say thanks for this PO sizing tutorial by crick from 2007. Just resized my 2015 LmPo
by the help of this. No problemo.

Ironronnie

24/1/16
Well I remove links from bracelet of my LMPO with extractor as first figure of post and have complete to remove with a tongs but pins escape completely with tubular pins instead in the link!and now?Can I adjust the tubular pins?

Kits

Horology Curious
6/7/16
My PO doesn't have any arrows and it has grooves in the pins.. Does that mean I can't use this method?

Kits

Horology Curious
6/7/16
My PO doesn't have any arrows and it has grooves in the pins.. Does that mean I can't use this method?
The answer was yes. Took it to a smith to get the job done though. Took about 15 minutes

Dutch85

21/11/16
Hi, I hope this Thread is the right place for this:
Yesterday a Link of my PO bracelet opened itself and the watch fell on the concrete. I got lucky and the watch got away with minor scratches.
The reason seems to be, that the screw of the link got loose and fell out. The metal Pin followed, so the whole link collapsed. Is there a way to stop that risk? Do i have to check the screws regualry or is gluing the screws in place an Option?

gb7007

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
5/12/16
Austria
I received my PO yesterday. As I have a very small wrist, I had to remove four links (two from each side of the bracelet). I have to say that I didn't have any difficulty to do it, despite several comments about what is described as a nightmare. I didn't spend more than 15 minutes to do it.

I must admit though that in the past I had to remove links from bracelets many times, so I could say I'm experienced in this kind of stuff.

Now, my PO has the right size for me :

sqjqm8.jpg

Paul
Hello, I share the same experience as Paul. Had no problem with my Omega received from Narikaa.

I have one more question. Removing two links on each side is not enough and there are only the solid links left. Can anybody tell me how they are put together?
PO%20bracelet_2_zpsdkqir2id.jpg

PO%20bracelet_1_zpsjyafe45p.jpg

They seem to be one solid piece, but since there is a connection pin to the next link they must be pressed together in some way.
Is there any way to remove one of these links (marked with the arrow)? I would not mind "destroying" it to get if off?

Thanks in advance

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Hi, I hope this Thread is the right place for this:
Yesterday a Link of my PO bracelet opened itself and the watch fell on the concrete. I got lucky and the watch got away with minor scratches.
The reason seems to be, that the screw of the link got loose and fell out. The metal Pin followed, so the whole link collapsed. Is there a way to stop that risk? Do i have to check the screws regualry or is gluing the screws in place an Option?
I check the screws on all my Omegas regularly. They are a pain to try and get again so I learned my lesson after a screw fell out of my SMPc but no damage done thank goodness. Other option is to glue them in with a light Loctite, you will need to heat them to remove them so for me this is an extreme option lol. Also when using glue make sure yuou have cotton wool with some acetone based nail polish remover at hand to remove any glue spillage.

LMPOs BTW get bad press but whn you get the hang of them pins are easily removed. Make sure the tube does not come out and if it does it is easiest put back in with a tweezers. I use one of these for my Pin and Tube Omegas. Get a metal one the plastic ones break.

1.0x0.jpg

As said before if you are going to have Pin and tube Omegas you will need :

1. Watch Pin remover as above. Do it gently and make sure you line it up correctly with the pin.

2. A bull nosed pliers to get it out all the way.

3. A hammer to tap the pin back in. Get it in as much as possible first. Tap do not strike. It is very easy to bend a pin. Spare pins on hand are a help.

Dutch85

21/11/16
Thanks for the reply. Ok, so it is a known problem with the POs. Good to know. I use a Bergeon Tool for the Pins and it works like a Charme. Since im not planing to sell the PO, i have used Locktite 222 on it. But it isnt that powerfull. My impression, is that i dont have to heat the bracelet to remove the screws if neccessary. A good screwdriver would do (i think).