• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO bracelet sizing tutorial

Rowlers

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/3/07
Great piece of information. I can resize my Omega bracelets in less than half an hour now.

Thanks!

Mariusci

7/1/11
Great tutorial

Great tutorial; too bad I didn't read it before I had to adjust my bracelet. I struggled for a long time after I pushed the pin half way out (using the direction of the arrows). I didn't dare to break the extra pin that came with the pin remover, I tried gently with players but it was too difficult and I was afraid to pull it too hard. Eventually I found a pin somewhere in my tools and did it the same way as you did.
My Omega was purchased from MR and the pin remover was included in the package. MR is a great dealer I strongly recommend.

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
Evil bloody thing.

My tips:
* Remove the bracelet from the watch
* Get a plastic jewelers hammer
* Grind down a jewelers screw driver so that it is thinner than the pin

The screw driver/punch will permit you to drive the pin all the way through and the plastic hammer means you won't ding the bracelet.

I can now do a link in a couple of minutes.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
Grind down a screwdriver? Nah. :nah:

There are suitable pin removal tools available from Watch Bitz.

This pin punch set and a hammer will do the trick.

And a deep breath or two!

I used them to re-size my gen bracelet.

Just my $0.02 USD as always.

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
Grind down a screwdriver? Nah. :nah:

There are suitable pin removal tools available from Watch Bitz.

This pin punch set and a hammer will do the trick.

And a deep breath or two!

I used them to re-size my gen bracelet.

Just my $0.02 USD as always.

Ha! I'm at home, just got the watch and was gagging to fit it! So the screw driver got punished instead.... Have ordered a set of pin punches now though!

wagner

I'm Pretty Popular
20/11/11
Thanks for the tuto. I just receive the PO and i blocked withe the tube.

ScottLive5

Looking Around
15/3/12
I was anxious and nervous to size mine but it was MUCH easier than expected when using that little screw plunger tool. got mine here...http://www.mywatchmaker.net/bracelettool.htm

I didn't need to use the extra long Omega push-pin, I just pulled the pin out the side with a needle nose and pushed it back in on a flat surface.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
thanks very much for an informative tute - helped me realise how to adjust the bracelet even though my tool's push-pin bent then broke - it was working though too short.... got no extra pins so I tried to make some using a paper clip. WIll buy another tool of something .... like the thumbtack idea but don't want to risk damage to the bracelet

kgingras

Horology Curious
2/5/12
I had an extremely easy time sizing my 42mm PO that I just picked up from Perfect Clones. I purchased this link pin remover - http://www.nationaljewelerssupplies.com/p/ETHOL118 Even though It came with just the regular length push pins and not the extra long Omega ones it still worked fine. With the push pins only coming a quarter of the way, I was able to use some heavy duty tweezers to pull them out the rest of the way without breaking or bending them. The links went back in very easily just by tapping them in with a hard edge, and yes I made sure to use the tubes. The whole thing took about 15 minutes. Makes me wonder if something is wrong with my bracelet after reading some of the stories on this thread. I'm going to keep a close eye on the pins over the next couple of days to make sure they don't work their way back out.
Great site by the way....I'm new here and this is my first post and rep. Looking forward to buying a few more.
Kevin.

jackteet

3/12/11
Hi, I have just purchased my first rep from Reg. It`s a seamaster 300 james bond. I need to remove several links. There are no arrows on the inside of the bracelet to indicate which way the pins should be withrawn. Also I need to purchase either a twist type pin remover or a block, hammer and pin removers. I would welcome advice on both these issues please. Thanks jack.

Bardamu

I'm Pretty Popular
29/12/11
I received my PO yesterday. As I have a very small wrist, I had to remove four links (two from each side of the bracelet). I have to say that I didn't have any difficulty to do it, despite several comments about what is described as a nightmare. I didn't spend more than 15 minutes to do it.

I must admit though that in the past I had to remove links from bracelets many times, so I could say I'm experienced in this kind of stuff.

Now, my PO has the right size for me :

sqjqm8.jpg

Paul

fiegepils

21/6/11
Hi folks,
tried with a pinpusher (cheap plastic one), didn´t work. Tried the "hammer-method", worked like charm, no bending, resiized bracelet in a few minutes. Just not be too rough when hammering, especiallly when putting the bracelet together.

JackP

Renowned Member
21/3/13
Update on new PO sizing!

Got new PO today. Now all you need is an eyeglass screw driver and the pins fall out. 10 minute process

GrimReaper

Known Member
2/5/13
I got this Swiss made Pin Remover from here:
http://www.watchtool.co.uk/189810-swiss-bracelet-remover-p-7119.html

Not exactly Bergeon, but still of very good quality.
Pins are 12mm long, and are long enough that you don't need pliers or that extra pin OP suggested.
But that grey one OP has, also looks good, altough pins really look quite short, around 5-6mm.

Then there are those blue Chinese pin removers which only have 5mm long pin. And the screw thread is very loose.

deafnotdaft

16/4/14
Found it!!!!

Spent about 30 bloody minutes looking for this thread yesterday and couldn't find it!
I was looking everywhere but here for it, then it came back to me where I had seen it lol.

*Off to practice taking pins out with my new watch tools*