• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Please report this POS

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
Response from my report sent to me 20 minutes later :rolleyes:

K326PI.jpeg
Got the very same message back

• Sad
Reactions: DiggerOfWatches

DiggerOfWatches

Gold Patron
Certified
4/7/19
Down Under
Totally ridiculous, concur 100% mate.

I thought the same too with the number of reports, I'd like to think they have a system in place that would trigger after 'X' number of reports are reached on an item a human would intervene, however even then, how much faith is there in that human? But, just a rubbish automated / AI response is crap, and unfortunately doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.
So many people must be scammed every minute.

I have had an ePay account for well over 20 years, and have bought quite a lot of items, I have sold a few things too. However, with their fees I try any other avenue to sell before going there. I actually really dislike ePay for these reasons. Oh and while I'm whinging, might as well whinge about PayPal too. They must make so much freaking money with all their fees and their own 'exchange rates'.

Oof I'm sounding like a grumpy old man LOL

Anyway so back to the the topic, keep up the good work on finding these and let's keep reporting as much as possible!

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I’ve reported the first one several days ago and they responded :

Thanks again for reporting the listing(s) you found.

What happened:
We looked into your report and didn’t find the listing to be in violation of our policy. This determination was made using automation or artificial intelligence.

Not all watches go through the “Authenticity Guarantee.” I’ve found the replicas that are not designated to go through the process usually get taken down pretty quickly after a report. The reps that are going through the “Authenticity Guarantee” process results in the response above even if it is a complete pos. I guess eBay probably makes some money off the watch even if it fails the authenticity process.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
This seller has several fakes.

Last edited:

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
Reported ...
eBay authenticity is bs, don't trust that. A German journalist investigated it and reconstructed the path of the watch via tracking information and time stamps. The to-be-authenticated watch was sent to the "licensed authenticator" which was a subcontractor of eBay's authentication partner.
The watch arrived at there on November 4th at 10:21 a.m. and was handed over for further shipping at 1:01 p.m. In the intervening 2:40 hours, the authenticity was checked, the data was recorded, an individual certificate was created and the watch was securely packaged
(the so-called authentication process consisting in checking "Dozens of set checkpoints").
It turns out that the subcontractor of eBay's partner is a textile trading company that has a logistics company among its subsidiaries, and that's where the package was sent. So they have professional watchmakers in a logistics company?
Iirc the journalist then even called there and people were very evasive or didn't even know exactly what he wanted ("what watches???"), meaning they had no clue about any "authentication", and after some hesitancy and some "please hold the line" he was asked to please ask eBay directly.
That last phone call was similar to the previous one, half answers, everything is ok, the watch is on its way, no worries.

Don't trust that BS.
Right…. Who in the fucking right mind would buy a luxury watch online anywhere anyways.

Sig9

Certified
2/1/23
Germany

Nahhh, this pure white gold gen beauty goes for only 8k. perfect deal. reps don‘t have such a great date view

Mike116

I'm Pretty Popular
20/11/12
Back of beyond

Both now pulled by the seller because of a listing error

Reactions: DiggerOfWatches

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
I saw a panerai with a KING factory sticker on it and reported it but ebay still said it found nothing wrong. So ebay dont care.

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Man this is making my blood boil. The sheer cheek of listing these things and getting away with it, you've gotta be kidding me. My report was also swept to the side, joke behaviour.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
I saw a panerai with a KING factory sticker on it and reported it but ebay still said it found nothing wrong. So ebay dont care.
oh wow. Well eBay doesn’t care but they also aren’t experts. Not the sharpest tool in the box you know.
You gotta talk to them like reading for dummies

Reactions: EuroTime25

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Anyone want a King Factory Paneria that ebay allows to be sold. Or maybe these rep prices are getting out of hand. Not to mention in description he tells us different colors are available.

Last edited: