• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean just received... trouble already, help! [RESOLVED]

3v0

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/8/11
I can't actually see it. Even with the lines there I can see the lines are off but I can't notice it on the logo.

Akira

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/12/10
Well, the UPO has major flaws and you worry about a slightly crooked alignment of the dial text?

How can you live with that shitty pearl, insert and the fugly blueish AR?

Ohhhh...I hope I didn't ruin that watch for you now.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Holy hell, lopsided logo, I really could not even notice it, You can't expect perfection, if you need that go buy the gen. The last rep I ordered, turned out to be a crazy deal and I never got it, So I bought a Planet ocean gen today similar to yours, honestly you can barely if at all tell any difference.

Cool, post some pics of your gen, we all like that and I can post pics of my gen as well, not a problem.

seoulbrova

29/8/11
My UPO has the same slight alignment problem. Looks centered at some angles, seems slightly off on others...but u know what? NO BODY notices.

Look at the Macro shot you're using to show it. THen look at the next person you see wearing a watch and see if you can tell whatever logo they have is SLIGHTLY uneven. You can't. You paid 300 for a gen that would cost 10x that...just enjoy it.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
My UPO has the same slight alignment problem. Looks centered at some angles, seems slightly off on others...but u know what? NO BODY notices.

Look at the Macro shot you're using to show it. THen look at the next person you see wearing a watch and see if you can tell whatever logo they have is SLIGHTLY uneven. You can't. You paid 300 for a gen that would cost 10x that...just enjoy it.

Makes sense to keep it, you never know if the replacement one could have far worse problems and this problem is so minor its not even noticable.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I would just leave it as is.
If you do decide to relume the dial. Just send the new dial to Goin. (Maybe a replacement set of hands.) Have him work on those while you can enjoy your watch. Then when he sends them back to you, you have Katt install them.

Or make it super easy!!!! Buy a Gen dial. :thumbsup:

Time4Direct

Trusted Dealer (In Memoriam RIP)
Gold Patron
25/3/08
Jesus they have a lot more obvious flaws than the crooked logo
The pearl looks like a bird has crapped from a great height and it's landed there
Not sure HE valve is right either
This is not only this particular watch all are the same.
This is fine in the scheme of things
I honestly see these watches as a step backwards apart from no happy feet it is no where near as good as the original UPO

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
HEV is good

33oty5e.jpg

shirazi_r

Renowned Member
12/10/10
RANT BEGINS HERE

Are you kidding me? I had to wait for the pictures under a microscope with lines to be able to notice that. People seem to forget this is a $200 replica made by a Chinese child in a factory the size of a bedroom.

If you'd like a perfectly aligned logo, there's likely a chap named Francois applying one right now to a genuine watch somewhere in Geneve; perhaps that would work for you?

RANT ENDS HERE

If an issue like this is going to bother you this much you'd be best off leaving this hobby altogether.

Kalsicks

5/8/11
Guys, I get it! I got it a couple pages back, so let me off the hook. I'm not complaining about it anymore, just a small flaw that has my attention so I might fix it. Can't fault me for considering fixing a flaw I know is there.

I'm not going to do a Franken type thing right away but I tend to get drawn into projects like that so I won't rule it out for the future.

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
You REALLY need to find a new hobby!!! >>>

There are a few faults with the watch, but that logo is as straight as a die!......Your lower reference line is slanted upwards...!!....And....If you really want to do any more dealer business, you should change your user name, because after this, you've most certainly been placed on their $hit list!!!

countit

22/5/10
I think many in this group needs to chill more than Kalsicks. The guy's been level headed from the beginning. He's asking questions and trying to understand this market- nothing more, nothing less. And, that's one of the purposes of this forum- to educate noobs.

He just joined last month. Give 'em a break.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I think many in this group needs to chill more than Kalsicks. The guy's been level headed from the beginning. He's asking questions and trying to understand this market- nothing more, nothing less. And, that's one of the purposes of this forum- to educate noobs.

He just joined last month. Give 'em a break.

+1 :thumbsup:

bama1965

Renowned Member
26/7/11
North America
RANT BEGINS HERE

Are you kidding me? I had to wait for the pictures under a microscope with lines to be able to notice that. People seem to forget this is a $200 replica made by a Chinese child in a factory the size of a bedroom.

If you'd like a perfectly aligned logo, there's likely a chap named Francois applying one right now to a genuine watch somewhere in Geneve; perhaps that would work for you?

RANT ENDS HERE

If an issue like this is going to bother you this much you'd be best off leaving this hobby altogether.

:thumbsup:

Kalsicks

5/8/11
There are a few faults with the watch, but that logo is as straight as a die!......Your lower reference line is slanted upwards...!!....And....If you really want to do any more dealer business, you should change your user name, because after this, you've most certainly been placed on their $hit list!!!

It's not that easy to get everything looking perfect with the lines in Photoshop. You'll just have to take my word for it, you'd notice it in real life. Still, we're all in agreement that it's not a big deal.

I also never meant to disparage Pure Time. I already posted the dealer I bought from in my other thread, and I only mentioned them here to say that their professionalism has impressed me a lot (to make it clear I wasn't blaming this on them). Angus responds to my messages in two seconds and is always as helpful as can be. When I asked him about this problem he immediately offered to send me a new dial. I am going to pay him for shipping because he didn't ask me about that and I don't want to be unfair, since he's already being quite generous.

Cut me some slack. I think I've been pretty understanding this whole time, and I basically came around to what all of you said... many times. It only disappointed me because I wasn't expecting it, based on the QC pictures.

:facepalm:

Thanks countit and Q5? ;)

houndoggie

16/11/08
It's not that easy to get everything looking perfect with the lines in Photoshop. You'll just have to take my word for it, you'd notice it in real life. Still, we're all in agreement that it's not a big deal.

I also never meant to disparage Pure Time. I already posted the dealer I bought from in my other thread, and I only mentioned them here to say that their professionalism has impressed me a lot (to make it clear I wasn't blaming this on them). Angus responds to my messages in two seconds and is always as helpful as can be. When I asked him about this problem he immediately offered to send me a new dial. I am going to pay him for shipping because he didn't ask me about that and I don't want to be unfair, since he's already being quite generous.

Cut me some slack. I think I've been pretty understanding this whole time, and I basically came around to what all of you said... many times. It only disappointed me because I wasn't expecting it, based on the QC pictures.

:facepalm:

Thanks countit and Q5? ;)

Like this:

6ab8061c.jpg

It is perfect down to the pixel.