• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean 42mm Ultimate Version??

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
i've always been a rollie guy but this black planet ocean kinda grew on me

now i'm looking to get one....

but since I got a tiny little girly wrist....45mm ultimate version's gonna be too big for me....

is there any ultimate version of 42mm? or anything close to ultimate in 42mm?

sorry i am new to omega field....

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
The 4th gen 42mm is the "Ultimate". Ruby has a nice deal on these at the moment.

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Nothing wrong with the 4th Gen. If you forget the small details I'd say the only significant "quality difference" is the bracelet & clasp construction.

I sold mine, but only because I like the big 45mm version better.

po_2.jpg

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
oh! really? THANKS! :D

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
By-Tor said:
I now see the 42mm the same as I see the 40mm PAMs. Just wrong. :D

I think the 42mm PO looks too small, where I see the smaller Sub as the right size. It's odd, but I think the design and layout was done for the larger watch and shrunk for the 42, resulting in a design/composition that doesn't work at the smaller size.

42mm PO? Just say no. Even us skinny wristed girly-men can pull it off.

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
You're right. However I still think 45mm is too big for most watches but PO doesn't look "bloated" at all. But it MIGHT be worse in orange. Dunno about that... I'm in the verge of purchasing another 45mm (in orange). Not sure though...

I'm actually surprised how much I like the black. Some people claim black looks "too ordinary". I say bs.

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
uh......should I NOT get it then???...... :?

pugwash just scared the heck out of me........ :cry:

45mm..........i saw the comparison shot on By-Tor's review(by the way I think it is a GREAT review) and......got shock at how big 45mm is compare to 42mm.....

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
jiro2085 said:
uh......should I NOT get it then???...... :?

45mm..........i saw the comparison shot on By-Tor's review(by the way I think it is a GREAT review) and......got shock at how big 45mm is compare to 42mm.....

Thanks for the compliments.

Yep.. but the difference isn't as huge on the wrist. You probably meant this pic (here's bigger version of the pic):

PO_pair_big.jpg

This you have probably seen too... with Sub:

divers.jpg

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
jiro2085 said:
Like By-Tor, I had an Orange (3rd gen) PO 42 and it's the only watch I've sold. I know lots of happy owners, but I suspect they've never tried the black 45 :D

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
By-Tor said:
Thanks for the compliments.

Yep.. but the difference isn't as huge on the wrist. You probably meant this pic (here's bigger version of the pic):

divers.jpg

see.....even that tiny little looking sub barely fit on my wrist.......

i know.....i got THE smallest wrist you can possibly seen... :cry:

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
jiro2085 said:
see.....even that tiny little looking sub barely fit on my wrist.......

i know.....i got THE smallest wrist you can possibly seen... :cry:
Get the 42mm then. It's not a shabby watch. :D

thelawnmowerman

Renowned Member
2/4/06
I've got both , and their both cool , but if you've got really tiny wrists get the 4th gen 42mm .
45mm ultimate is great on medium to large wrists. I 've got large ones (wrists) and Reg is bringin me back a XXL Railmaster 8)

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
Pugwash said:
By-Tor said:
I now see the 42mm the same as I see the 40mm PAMs. Just wrong. :D

I think the 42mm PO looks too small, where I see the smaller Sub as the right size. It's odd, but I think the design and layout was done for the larger watch and shrunk for the 42, resulting in a design/composition that doesn't work at the smaller size.

42mm PO? Just say no. Even us skinny wristed girly-men can pull it off.

Gaaaah! my 6 inch wrists can't support the 45PO. I've tried one on at an AD and the lugs extend beyond my wrists :(

and its heavy :p

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
thanks crick! your picture really helps!
i think i got 6 inch wrist like you~
42mm looks quite allright to me~ :)

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
I just got back from my Omega AD where I was trying on every conceivable version. I have a 6.75 inch wrist, and generally 45mm is my limit. The orange 42mm (I have the rep but just wnted to try it on for comparison purposes) looks perfect size on my wrist. The saleswomen even mentioned this. The Black 45mm, looked great on both SS and brown croc deployant. Big, but not too big. The Orange 45mm looked too big and just felt wrong. The 45mm orange chrono however felt wonderful. I guess the subdials and pushers give purpose to the extra size. I'm thinking that the 45mm black is definitely in my near future!

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
andreww said:
I'm thinking that the 45mm black is definitely in my near future!
Smart move. I have the same size wrists as you and though my brother's Orange 45 seemed too big, but the black didn't.

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
andreww said:
I just got back from my Omega AD where I was trying on every conceivable version. I have a 6.75 inch wrist, and generally 45mm is my limit. The orange 42mm (I have the rep but just wnted to try it on for comparison purposes) looks perfect size on my wrist. The saleswomen even mentioned this. The Black 45mm, looked great on both SS and brown croc deployant. Big, but not too big. The Orange 45mm looked too big and just felt wrong. The 45mm orange chrono however felt wonderful. I guess the subdials and pushers give purpose to the extra size. I'm thinking that the 45mm black is definitely in my near future!

45mm black chrono? or just regular?

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
Tried both chronos, and the both looked good.

Orange 45mm is too big

Black 45mm is big but cool

Orange 42mm is just right

black 42mm is too small