• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

-={ Pimlico's Panerai Super Reps Recommendation }=-

pimlico

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
2/4/15
Added PAM 164, PAM 364, and PAM 508 as new Super Reps as per ALE's updates thread.

pimlico

INMATE
2/4/15
What about 312 mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please don't ask me about PAMs. I don't judge them, I only go off what ALE decides is a Super Rep :)

If you have a forum post by ALE saying that a certain model is a Super Rep, I will update my summary :)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Firstly many thanks to Pimlico for this interesting initiative and even for other interesting contributions in RWI PAM Section

I would like to introduce some points in order to make this thread more useful and helpful for every people

1- The most interesting and, of course, the harder and more difficult is to maintain updated this information. This thread without updating will become obsolete in some days. I encourage Pimlico to update this thread every day or at least every week following PAM GUIDE updates.

2- People should consider this thread (appropriately updated) as the easier way to get info about PAM Super reps, but this is not IMO the nicest way to get this approach. The best way is learning and getting info by yourself in order to get an own opinion and decision, because there are a lot of subjective considerations. The best way is not to know what are the Super reps, but to know WHY they are considered Super reps.
Anyway many people will find with this tread really helpful to start a true PAM Super reps. investigation. I advice fans to complement this thread with the reading of PAM GUIDE and other informative threads about PAM reps.

3- From the starting of PAM GUIDE, at the middle 2012, we have seen many changes in qualities and appreciation of PAM reps. We have seen a lot of improvements in accuracy and gen-like appearance. Some years ago we were talking, almost exclusively, about accuracy of colours, finish and dimensions, but lastly from some good reps from Noob and mainly nicely finished reps from KW we have introduce the concept of “gen-like appearance” like one of the most interesting qualities of a rep.
Indeed, we cannot detect some flaws regarding dimensions and accuracy from 50-60cm of distance whereas a non gen-like appearance can be detected form more a meter of distance.
In this way an “old” Super rep like a PAM 000 Noob V2.5 or H maker can be less satisfactory than a “new” First Class rep like a KW PAM 388 or PAM 312.
These last watches are “just” First Class rep because they have display caseback and are fitted with obviously inaccurate decorated movements. But in the wrist, with hidden caseback, they are really more accurate and with strong gen-like appearance. Therefore I would recommend a KW PAM 388 or PAM 312 before a PAM 000 or 005, although the Super rep evaluation.
Therefore Pimlico should consider a list of First Class reps deserving a Super rep consideration on the wrist. There are a lot of them in the current market offer.

So I recommend Pinlico to update carefully this thread in order to keep it helpful for many people. If you update this thread in the future I will get it Sticky. We cannot get Sticky an obsolete thread, please understand it.

Thanks again for your kind cooperation in RWI PAM Section

I would like to give you rep points and an award of “Ouststanding post” for this thread and your nice comparison about PAM Deployant buckles.
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/237421-Pimlico-s-Gen-vs-Rep-Panerai-Deployant-Buckle-Guide

Congrats
Keep the good job

ALE

pimlico

INMATE
2/4/15
Hi ALE,

I plan on keeping this thread up-to-date by following every update on your guide. Can you please tell me which discussion thread will you update announcing new Super Reps?

pimlico

INMATE
2/4/15
I would like to give you rep points and an award of “Ouststanding post” for this thread and your nice comparison about PAM Deployant buckles.
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/233181-PAM-deployant-buckle-gen-vs-rep

ALE

Thanks for the award, ALE!

However I wanted to point out that my PAM deployant guide thread is located at http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/...o-s-Gen-vs-Rep-Panerai-Deployant-Buckle-Guide

You linked to my original question asking for information :) Once I seen there was no data, I decided to collect and share the data myself :)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Do you only update that thread, or do you go back and update your PAM-REVIEW-GUIDE thread as well?

OF COURSE. I update almost every day the PAM-REVIEW GUIDE. You can check it

I'm just informing in the thread about the PAM GUIDE updates and editions

ALE

pimlico

INMATE
2/4/15
OF COURSE. I update almost every day the PAM-REVIEW GUIDE. You can check it

I'm just informing in the thread about the PAM GUIDE updates and editions

ALE

OK great!

I'll make sure my Super Rep Guide stays up-to-date then! I'll check on a weekly basis.

pdnb

13/9/08
did the new 292 from KF/V6 make the super rep status? I know this is a demanding request, but it would be great if the guide listed Display/Closed CB on each model. I know most of us know what model has which type of back, but it is a clear demarcation between first class rep and super rep status due to CB....especially since we moved to include First Class rep bordering super rep status. Great Job Pim and of course great and amazing work ALE

umblackbear359

28/4/15
This is fantastic. Imo, the ultimate guide would be adding a "best available quality" column to the excel pam guide. I think style and quality are of equal importance when choosing a rep and ales guide, while great for deciding upon style, is hard to filter on by quality. I think this thread does a great job addressing that issue.

sinmotion

Horology Curious
29/9/13
Are there any white face non-chrono super reps?

The new PAM049F V6F version (white faced) was the only 40/42mm close-to super-rep status I can find

Its not yet updated on Ale's PAM guide (older version was not a super rep) but it looks pretty solid with alot of improvements

PAM2015062401-01_enl.JPG