• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pics - My $29 Silix 45mm PO

PhotoGuy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/10/11
I'm looking at these to maybe start learning watchmaking skills. For $30, there isn't much risk to taking it a part and putting it back together or trying out mods.

How does paypal with Silix work? I selected paypal but there was never any paypal checkout at the end just:

"Your order has been submitted, we will contact you as soon as possible"

I also noticed that on most of those sale watch pictures that the bezel looks off by a click. I wonder if it is off or just not clicked exactly to 12 for the pics.

Silix will email you details of where to transfer funds. DO NOT PUT ANYTHING IN THE COMMENT. Takes about 1/2 day.

I would say the bezel is 1/2 click off, but to be honest, most people would never notice. After a bit of playing with it, I've got mine within +1-3 seconds a day. I did the Maratac Elite orange strap and it looks 1000x cooler! The shipped bracelet is .. umm.. really really bad. It's well worth the extra $25USD.

Deadbear77

I'm Pretty Popular
7/6/11
Ok. Wore the blue sub to work Monday....Pearl is gone, wore the black PO to work today.... Pearl is gone.

mrjohan

Known Member
23/10/11
My Silix $29 PO on a grey Nato strap.
Wore it during last weeks vacation on Fuerteventura. Worked great and kept good time the whole week.

6727237635_63797f3e28_o.jpg

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
Silix prime specials page:

http://silix-prime.com/index.php?main_page=specials

Just know that these watches might have issues. I ordered 3 $29 specials. The Seamaster bracelet clasps are really cheap feeling and they are marked "Seamastei". I ordered one that is no longer listed that was marked both Seamaster and Speedmaster and the date doesn't quickset on that one though it should. Maybe it's defective?

I really like the $29 blue submariner though for $55 at Timeshop you get a better bracelet and you can get a regular black or green bezel LV. The quantum of solace dial Planet Ocean is pretty good now that I've fitted a 20mm rubber planet ocean strap. The strap cost more than the watch!!!

I see that they now have a $29 Seamaster 300M listed:

http://silix-prime.com/ome149-p-4526.html

That could be a fun cheap thrill.

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
PO on rubber!

Now this watch is looking pretty good! Ironic, that the strap cost more than the watch!

How does one align the pearl to the 12 marker? It's off by 1/2 step and drives me crazy. Do I have to heat the glue and then re-glue it straight?

Last question: is the back normally so shiny on the PO? It makes it look cheap. On my gen Seamaster the back has more of a matte / brushed finish.

hidden impact

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/1/12
sorry for the ignorant questions as i have not researched the po's much...but:

1: besides some of the obvious issues with the type/texture of dial and hands etc, aren't the 12, 9, and 6 hour numbers supposed to be orange? the blacks have silver numbers (and orange from what i researched) but do they make pumpkins with silver numbers?

2: do them luminescence? any shots?

3: how is the movement of the seconds hand? any videos of the movement?

thanks. i agree, for the price i want to get both the pumpkin and the black!

bama1965

Renowned Member
26/7/11
North America
sorry for the ignorant questions as i have not researched the po's much...but:

1: besides some of the obvious issues with the type/texture of dial and hands etc, aren't the 12, 9, and 6 hour numbers supposed to be orange? the blacks have silver numbers (and orange from what i researched) but do they make pumpkins with silver numbers?

2: do them luminescence? any shots?

3: how is the movement of the seconds hand? any videos of the movement?

thanks. i agree, for the price i want to get both the pumpkin and the black!

The lume is present but not that great. Mine will charge but glows poorly and will not last. The bezel on mine rotates great. The movement beats at 21,600 beats per hour so there is a slight stutter.

Mine has been rock solid and I've had no issues. Keeps great time. It is a low end rep though so the lume sucks bad LOL and the bracelet is of low quality.

Enjoy it brother!

Ken

nazgulnarsil

Looking Around
5/1/12
sVzOkl.jpg

c3V5Bl.jpg

bad pics, but I just got mine yesterday. some plusses and minuses:

+
accuracy seems quite good, under 1 min/day off so far
everything on the dial is neat and tidy

-
second hand stutters sometimes
second hand will completely stop for a second if i shake the watch suddenly
bezel is loose and doesn't line up perfectly at 12 oclock position
lack of orange numbers (knew this going in obviously)

honestly if it wasn't for the loose bezel I'd be in love.

Oh and while we're on the topic of cheap silix omegas, my roomate ordered the ome149 that is on special and it is GORGEOUS, much nicer than the PO in fit and finish. I'm going to get one for myself. really really impressed with the details on that one, pretty much flawless.

hidden impact: the lume on mine is well applies but like most cheap reps fades fast.

edit: some shots f the OME149 my roommate bought. I realized I have to buy one b/c if I don't I'm going to regret it the instant it goes out of stock.
IWyWxl.jpg

1KpNyl.jpg

don't mind the date, I did that while messing with the dials.

luckie

19/12/11
I got one of the OME149's as well and put a bond Nato on it also. I'm not liking the dial though. Was thinking about doing some modding to it.