• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pics - My $29 Silix 45mm PO

west-wot

Known Member
22/8/11
Right thanks a lot, now can anyone help me find a rubber strap in black and one in orange that looks like the genuine one but doesn't have to have all the correct markings etc

allergictobees

Horology Curious
30/8/11
just ordered one myself

I ordered my PO from silix on Friday... How long did it take to reach you? Mine was shipped almost immediately but was curious as to ETA... I'm also psyched you posted this because I was totally worried as to the quality of the rep since it was only $29. I really hope it's good quality because at those prices I can't wait to start a collection :)

west-wot

Known Member
22/8/11
Well my PO from Silix was ordered last thursday and arrived today to the UK, cant wait to see it as it was sent to my girlfriends but from she said was it was a good quality watch and is BIG on a small wrist

dan_j

5/11/10
Not sure about this specific watch but 45mm PO's have 22mm lugs

slimslim

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/10
it's 40 bucks to your door right? come on it's a wild @$$ awesome watch for the money. go on amazon and ebay. 40 bucks gets you nothing better. this is very likeable. i dig the dial. most people don't know models that well anyway. enjoy it.

bama1965

Renowned Member
26/7/11
North America
it's 40 bucks to your door right? come on it's a wild @$$ awesome watch for the money. go on amazon and ebay. 40 bucks gets you nothing better. this is very likeable. i dig the dial. most people don't know models that well anyway. enjoy it.

Agree 100%.

Cadmito

20/3/11
I just grabbed the 30 buck version from Silix and wanted to put a new strap on. From reading the thread I'm lead to believe that even though the gen has a 22mm strap size that this one has 20mm? Thats correct? Also, how did you guys change out the bracelet?

Cadmito

20/3/11
Thanks fellas. Picked up a Maratac Elite composite strap with orange stitching and it looks great for a 50 buck rep. Not the most accurate, but well worth it IMO.

Cadmito

20/3/11
Decided to add a photo.

IMG_0702-1.jpg

D

d4m.test

good one, Ken. That maratac strap really makes it very attractive. I've had mine for almost two years & it runs great & keeps decent time. With the orange nato, you've given me some ideas... .

dave

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
I've been wearing mine for a week now..>>>

And surprisingly, the feature I like the best is the glaringly "incorrect" textured dial!!
It really gives the watch some "pop"....
And now that Omega has released the umpteenth variation on the PO, who the hell
REALLY knows
which dial belongs on which watch...???...Or CARES...????
I put mine on an old "Bond" type bracelet to add even more question marks!!
IMG_2397.jpg

Deadbear77

I'm Pretty Popular
7/6/11
It's good for 30 bucks. Date in my two start changing at 11:00 and finish at 1155. But al in all not bad.
07c9379e.jpg

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
I'm looking at these to maybe start learning watchmaking skills. For $30, there isn't much risk to taking it a part and putting it back together or trying out mods.

How does paypal with Silix work? I selected paypal but there was never any paypal checkout at the end just:

"Your order has been submitted, we will contact you as soon as possible"

I also noticed that on most of those sale watch pictures that the bezel looks off by a click. I wonder if it is off or just not clicked exactly to 12 for the pics.