• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Perfume addict.

Riccardorolex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/1/14
Hi everyone, my favourites are:

Tom Ford Neroli Portofino (summer)
Tom Ford Mandarino d’Amalfi (summer)
Ortoparisi Megamare
Nasomatto Black Afgano
Ortoparisi Terroni

Reactions: Gab miyamoto

CycleBuyer

15/7/13
Chanel Antaeus.

My only regret is they have made it much softer and less 80s recently -- something to do with civets and such. It's still wildly out of sync with society and I love that about it.

It's not perfect for anything. Not summer, not the 21st century.

Imagine leather armchairs, mahogany board rooms, wedge shaped cars, tobacco, cigars, mole hills of cocaine, and suitcases full of money.

The watered down modern version is just OK, like a slap in the face. The original was louder than bombs.

Last edited:

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
I actually have a little 'collection' of not so well known Perfumes, and this is oen of my favourite.

IS actually a Woman scent, made by Jean Desprez, an arguably his most famous perfume.

It is notoriuous for being the favourite perfume of Michael Jackson...i bought it out of couriosity...adn really it is a remarkable, fantastic Perfume.

Jean Desprez - Bal ò Versailles

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
bal-a-versailles-jean-desprez-eau-de-toilette-spray-100ml.jpg

icy100

Horology Curious
18/1/23
United Kingdom
The only designer fragrance that I had with a strong brown/darker color is Armani Stronger With You and for that fragrance I'll make an exception, that's one of the best designer fragrances in the business.
it has such a deep caramel/vanilla/booz strength that's something on niche level. its a affordable scent around 60/70 eu here in the Netherlands. one of the best to get from a regular perfume house.

i have soms vowel special perfume its called Henry Jacques, I have the oud imperial I bought it in Dubai for 11.750 dirham its arounds €2500 for 60ml you don't even get a sprayer on top its a little flacon tap twice in the neck and for 1 week you smell the same, shower 10 times then still you smell the same. 😅
Wow, that oud perfume would make me go insane! After the first day I'd be scrubbing everything trying to get the smell out! Doesn't help that I don't like oud either.

Vi-Lo

Renowned Member
Certified
18/1/19
Germany
I got into the fragrance game lately, so it’s funny that I saw this thread 😂
I always used just one fragrance - Ralph Lauren Blue EDT, now I got a few more and have still some on my list to get…

At the moment I have:
1. Ralph Lauren Blue EDT
2. Hugo Boss Bottled EDT
3. Prada Luna Rossa Ocean EDT
4. Montblanc Explorer EDP
5. Jil Sander Sun Men EDT
6. Francis Kurkdijan Baccarat Rouge 540 EDP

To get:
1. Montale Wood&Spices
2. D&G Lightblue intense
3. Creed Aventus

UkBionic

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
25/1/20
NW England
Being that we are all on a rep site, what do you think of rep fragrances?
It is very unfortunate that whilst I am also a big frag head, i have allergies to a lot of fragrances - especially 'reps' (though we call them clones or dupes in the fragrance world lol). Tried dozens of clones, and some are terrible, instant headaches and itching. Some just have a weird background scent from the carrying oils. A lot of dupes are just made with the same shitty oils from the middle east. Though I have had good experiences with some (Alexandria Black Panther - Bvlgari Tyfar 95%, Rasasi La Yuqawam - Tom Ford Tuscan leather 95% but better..)

With that in mind, so many of my fragrances I have bought and sold, due to them being uncomfortable wears - despite loving the fragrance. I have also been way into niche fragrances in the past but these days I seem to get along better with just more designer blue fragrances. Easy to wear and typically the aromachemicals and notes seem to agree with me more.

That being said, here are some I currently own:
JPG - Le Beau Le Parfum (great all rounder, coconut vibes, smooth summer thing that can be worn whenever)
ADG - Profumo, again another all rounder but with shower gel masculine iris vibes.
Creed GIT - All time favourite, the dress watch of the frag world IMO but can be worn whenever. Total gentleman.
Sauvage Elixir - Performance bomb, modern classic fougere.
Bleu De Chanel (EDP + Parfum) - Dumb grab, where whenever - though poor performance the scent makes up for it. So smooth
Bvlgari Tygar - Never pay full bottle price but this is an ambroxan bomb that doesn't upset your nose. Soooo smooth and fruity and juicy. Get the 30ml travel bottles from facebook groups or ebay, and the price per ml is very good.
Rasasi La Yuqawam - No need to buy tuscan leather when this exists. Winter bomb. Bit more wearable because of the raspberry top note
Amouage Black Iris - Super wearable version of the other interlude. Incense with an almost truffle or chocolate wave.
Creed aventus - of course this is a banger but i don't currently own a bottle and would be put off because of price to performance. there are some decent copies - PV Emperor EDP being one that captures it well.

Bought and sold so many frags over the years, Usually stick between 5-15 bottles at a time. For some reason im a bit precious with niche fragrances and dont wear them as much as I should for the price - they just sit in a bottle and don't tell the time.

Happy to recommend frags for any occasion - Maybe we should think of frags to pair with certain watches. lol.

Reactions: Vi-Lo

rxdr

Horology Curious
10/6/23
Germany
I‘m currently getting started to get into colognes. I currently have Dior Sauvage EDT and Bleu de Chanel EDP. Can someone please recommend me another one which might fall into that category or I‘m open for something entirely different as well.

UkBionic

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
25/1/20
NW England
I‘m currently getting started to get into colognes. I currently have Dior Sauvage EDT and Bleu de Chanel EDP. Can someone please recommend me another one which might fall into that category or I‘m open for something entirely different as well.
Try get a 30ml travel bottle of bvlgari tygar. They pop up online fairly cheap compared to the price of the full bottle. By far the best in that class imo, so simple but smooth. Great performer. If you can't get it - Alexandria's clone 'black panther' gets you 95% of the way there.
ADG Profumo operates in the same space but I find a bit more 90s. Tygar is Uber modern

Reactions: rxdr

rxdr

Horology Curious
10/6/23
Germany
Try get a 30ml travel bottle of bvlgari tygar. They pop up online fairly cheap compared to the price of the full bottle. By far the best in that class imo, so simple but smooth. Great performer. If you can't get it - Alexandria's clone 'black panther' gets you 95% of the way there.
ADG Profumo operates in the same space but I find a bit more 90s. Tygar is Uber modern
Alright. Thanks. I will definitely take a look at them

RX7GP

🦁
Patron
Certified
16/2/16
I got boring selections not so creative about parfumes.. never changed since last 10 years or more.

Creed Aventus for summer, Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille for winter.

Used Atkinsons Oud Save the King for a while at winters, it was also good but just Tobacco Vanille now.

Btw you should never use fake perfumes. Perfumes are not so expensive and unobtainable why risking your health with fake ones? who knows what's inside.

Last edited:
Reactions: MagicJ

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
My cologne? Whatever luxury stuff they have on display in the department store or airport duty-free I'm currently at. 😆

nada mikekoziol GIF by Bizness Rebels

@Feefo, admit it. You do it too, you frugal m'fer. 😂🤣😘

Last edited:

Gab miyamoto

Admiral
Supporter
Certified
22/5/20
DXB
expensive taste, I like it 😂

promise, one of the most heavy impacted scents in the game.
I think I already had 6 or 7 100ml bottles of it, killer piece.
It's really expensive but its worthy for the special events, don't forget there no fragrance collection without creed silver Mountain

JoSha

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/7/22
London UK
Also recently stumbled upon some "replica" fragrances, bought a Oud Wood and Aventus replica.. I would say the Oud Wood copy is 90% there and the Aventus replica is 95% there! Feel free to PM me if u want a link - Although im not sure if its available in your country

GF is a fan of "smells like" fragrances by UK brand Milton Lloyd, they're not rep packaging, more straight up homage, costs about £7 a bottle, for her the selling point is no animal testing which sadly a lot of big labels still do for their cosmetics and fragrances. She has a ton of allergies and manages okay with these. Going by the last listing I clicked on ebay there are actually fakes of Milton Lloyd now as well, and given the margin they must be scraping to fake a £7 product, I imagine they'd be best avoided.

Chanel Antaeus.

My only regret is they have made it much softer and less 80s recently -- something to do with civets and such. It's still wildly out of sync with society and I love that about it.

It's not perfect for anything. Not summer, not the 21st century.

Imagine leather armchairs, mahogany board rooms, wedge shaped cars, tobacco, cigars, mole hills of cocaine, and suitcases full of money.

The watered down modern version is just OK, like a slap in the face. The original was louder than bombs.

That sounds damned appealing.

I use whatever's in the Christmas haul and that only sparingly but my go to is Old Spice, my grandad used it so it's got an emotional power for me which knocks all other considerations out of the park. It's also got an agreeable un-modern feel. Though unless I'm mistaken that's been toned down a bit recently as well.

UkBionic

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
25/1/20
NW England
I use whatever's in the Christmas haul and that only sparingly but my go to is Old Spice, my grandad used it so it's got an emotional power for me which knocks all other considerations out of the park. It's also got an agreeable un-modern feel. Though unless I'm mistaken that's been toned down a bit recently as well.

Nothing like fragrance/smell to trigger memories - thats all part of the thrill! Amouage reflection man takes me back to my wedding day more reliably than any photo. Reformulations are part and parcel of it too - though how often it's just olfactory fatigue setting in, im not sure.

Reactions: JoSha

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Maybe I'm old-fashioned but I subscribe to the tried and tested format of finding the one that suits you and your body chemistry and stick to it. Chpping and changing scents is odd to me. I wear the same one I've worn for over 30 years, Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene, the propper one, not the splash on nonsense.

UkBionic

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
25/1/20
NW England
Maybe I'm old-fashioned but I subscribe to the tried and tested format of finding the one that suits you and your body chemistry and stick to it. Chpping and changing scents is odd to me. I wear the same one I've worn for over 30 years, Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene, the propper one, not the splash on nonsense.
Many people would have the same mentality about different watches. One watch suits many, yet here we are :D Each to their own.