• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pelagos or Black Bay

bRONX

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/13
got the pelagos V6F for $318
personally i like it more than the blackbay which cost around the same

the ZF wholesale price came out to $320 with shipping and WU included to CONUS

bricolage

Getting To Know The Place
1/11/14
Hi,
received my Pelagos today - after what I've read I went for the V6 version and I'm really really happy with the watch: precise finish on all the parts; crown, smooth stem, proper bracelet link screws, solid clasp, no wobbles or downsides.
20707057di.jpg

On the other hand, I wouldn't want to miss my (red) BB - they are totally different watches.
cheers!

bRONX

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/13
4debc3732f322dcda7ab2b8751ce3eac.jpg
hbb and pelagos lume shot

its a cool free app longexpo

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
hey guys, hows the rubber strap on Pelagos ? soft as AP or stiff as on LW ?

momiloco

21/6/12
Hi.. sory to ask a noob question, but what is ryan's shop name?
Thanks

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
Just wanted to give my opinion on the OP's original question. Really the watches are not quite similar at all. The BB would be more comparable to a "Modern" vintage submariner, and the Pelagos is much more rugid. If you want a watch that you can wear as a daily beater that is very well built I suggest the Pelagos. I have the V6 and the only flaw is the Lume application on bezel.

The BB in Red is going to be harder to fit into your rotation due to the color scheme, but is very nice for special occasions. The Ble The Blue Bay is a different story. Both watches would very likely make your rotation, just feel the Pelagos can be worn in almost any occasion.

C124

Renowned Member
Certified
25/11/14
England
I'm glad I bought a Pelagos. I now know I prefer SS as opposed to titanium which scratches wayyy to easily for my liking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

momiloco

21/6/12
Waiting eagerly for my QC pics from WatchStation..
Come on you Pelagos!!

Stealthy

MULTI ACCOUNT
9/4/13
I'm glad I bought a Pelagos. I now know I prefer SS as opposed to titanium which scratches wayyy to easily for my liking

I'm confused....your statement are contradicting....

C124

Renowned Member
Certified
25/11/14
England
I'm confused....your statement are contradicting....

My apologies, I should have been more specific. It's a well made rep , just that titanium isn't my cup of tea. I was glad of buying it because prior to this I had a blue titanium PO and the AP chrono passion in my sights, which I think I'll overlook now.

I will prob have the Pelagos on the chopping block to help fund an AP 15400 in the near future.

Matt748

16/3/15
I have both Genuines
Both great but wear the Pelagos Daily and Black Bay for special occasions