• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} Quick&Dirty KW PAM 127 comments

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
Color of lume on KW depends on lighting:
fjaVjbK.jpg

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
I have no skin in the game as i am in Conus - But if this is a PAM get together, gotta go with Italy!

daniel10n

17/3/15
One more question for owners (Sort of a mute point for me because I already ordered the KW) ... but the engravings on the CG (REG and T.M.). Nice and deep? It's been hard to tell from the pics. I have to agree with the previous posts. From what I can see this looks like a bona fide super rep (or at a minimum First class High level).

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
A few quick considerations from me:

- Minute hand: Noob looks to have a slightly longer tip, more like the gen

- Crown guard: Both look very good, noob has slightly better inner cutouts. Lever and lever tip look to be the same, CG pin is slightly better in KW due to the visible light chamfering.

- Cannon pinion: Someone said it's larger than gen, but I do really like KW CP, it's the best of the three version imho. Noob is sunken and not well polished nor as flat as KW. Most likely noob mounts an H2 cannon pinion, you can see KW minute hand sits much taller than the hour hand while noob hands are almost touching themselves.

- Dial: I would say both versions are on par, very nice matte black color and sharp cuts. Noob inscriptions are slightly fatter. I won't comment on colors.

- Crystal: KW crystal looks definitely better than my noob.

- Case shape: Here's the main difference imho. From the side view it's quite clear that KW case is flatter while noob's case has a slight curve that blends with the lugs. Bezel and crystal shape look the same to me.

- Case back: KW looks better, especially the small engravings are a lot crisper and defined.

- Movement finish: The starburst finish is very faint on both movements, but it's there. OFFICINE PANERAI engraving color is very similar, but it's impossible for me to have a final opinion due to different camera setups and lights. PANERAI decoration is more crisp in KW, as well as gears finish, micrometric screw and of course the Y incabloc.

- Buckle: Again, KW engravings are finer and more detailed, very very nice. None of the two versions has the correct size and placement of engravings of the gen. Shape is very similar but once again different than gen.

[MENTION=18845]ice_gee[/MENTION]: given your study of KW and ZF versions compared to the gen, would you share your opinions here? :)

czwatchshop

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/10/12
Imho KW made a good job!
But there is something wrong on lug shape for me, maybe the bottom line is too straight as well as ZF have it same.
Noob 127 is unbeatable for me... Lucky guys who have one..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterpl

24/7/11
Look without both ZF and KW next to each other we are wasting time. They look identical almost and very hard to tell apart. Here are a bunch of pictures of took of my ZF. The only main difference I can see is the things below.

1) Sunburst on movement is more pronounced on ZF
2) Dial printing is more genlike as KW is too thin especially on the "1950"
3) CG pin looks better on my ZF i think.
4) Crystals look the same now even though previously KW had lines in the distortion that breaks the numbers. This is exactly what I mean by someone taking pics doesnt or may not portray the real thing unless its side by side.
5) The rest of the dial/CP/hands and all the other stuff looks identical.

Here is a shitload of shots of my ZF.

20150716_084158_zpsqrm1pb4z.jpg

20150716_084314_zps3zrpwgpq.jpg

20150716_084502_zpskm6siuaw.jpg

20150716_084522_zps2nakyrja.jpg

20150716_084533_zpsalxver9t.jpg

20150716_084603_zpsszxhoron.jpg

20150716_084622_zps1p9kpqon.jpg

20150716_084633_zps7lyi9nuj.jpg

20150716_084708_zpsm425udks.jpg

20150716_084716_zpsmrk0r6r8.jpg

20150716_084327_zpsniuwezut.jpg

Should have cleaned the watch a bit before taking those photos. LOL

Perry

12/5/07
Both watches are nice. However I have owned quite a few z factory and KW watches. I am never disappointed with the overall fit and finish (that gen like feel) of the KW watches. So I have learned from experience that IMO when there is a choice between both factories I go with KW.

omgGenPAMfapfap

Known Member
17/4/15
Both watches are nice. However I have owned quite a few z factory and KW watches. I am never disappointed with the overall fit and finish (that gen like feel) of the KW watches. So I have learned from experience that IMO when there is a choice between both factories I go with KW.

Is that to imply that you have, in the past, been disappointed with the quality of one or more ZF reps? If so, which reps and did KW have a better version?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Is that to imply that you have, in the past, been disappointed with the quality of one or more ZF reps? If so, which reps and did KW have a better version?

He only said he has ZF and KW version watches and he is never disappointed with the fit and finish of the KW watches. He did not state that he had both the ZF and KW of any particular PAM and the ZF version was worse.

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
Hmm... I didn't know ZF version has dome shaped screws instead of correct flat ones. Would bother me a lot.

omgGenPAMfapfap

Known Member
17/4/15
He only said he has ZF and KW version watches and he is never disappointed with the fit and finish of the KW watches. He did not state that he had both the ZF and KW of any particular PAM and the ZF version was worse.

Hence why I asked him IF that was the implication before my follow-up question, rather than simply assuming it. But thanks for the interjection anyways ...

Perry

12/5/07
Bottom line is I've never been disappointed with any KW watch.

peterpl

24/7/11
LOL Just buy either one. F*k me. its 99.99 the same. Geez.

We are a seriously anal bunch - such small variations and from 10cm away you cant see any of the differences.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
LOL Just buy either one. F*k me. its 99.99 the same. Geez.

We are a seriously anal bunch - such small variations and from 10cm away you cant see any of the differences.

Well, compared to gen owners where all of their watches are the same, of course, we're anal. :lol: