• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} PAM719 Mike Horn SE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
This is such an easy thing to fix with a slight change in size of GMT transfer gears. I would guess that rep makers will fix this in the coming years. We can hope at least. It would open the doors to all kinds of new frankens for me to build;)

Thanks Grim for your expertise
We hope the makers will hear that

ALE

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
Is it suppossed to be worn on a pole? :)
A shame that it's a 47mm, no way I can pull that off

I am sorry to hear that ;) lol kidding of course

Looks interesting - being that is has been just released, i wonder how long until the rep (Correction - a good rep) is available? 2 months? 3 months?

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
This is such an easy thing to fix with a slight change in size of GMT transfer gears. I would guess that rep makers will fix this in the coming years. We can hope at least. It would open the doors to all kinds of new frankens for me to build;)

That's what I said before, just two little gears in a different size and we could have a 12h GMT.
Should not be a big think for the rep movement factory's

D

d4m.test

That's what I said before, just two little gears in a different size and we could have a 12h GMT.
Should not be a big think for the rep movement factory's

They'll do it eventually I'm sure. They're just being lazy. I remember a thread from a few years ago on another forum, when people were asking if Panerai In-house movements will ever be repped. The consensus was "no-way not in a million years" A few months later the "super clones" were released. LOL

It's just a matter of time.

monstar

2/10/16
Interesting, I thought the 029 had proper 24hr gmt hand? That means the "tech" already existed, why not utilize it...

Although we make fun of the use of the word pole, it's actually relating to Mike Horn's Pole 2 Pole Expedition so it's relevant to the watch. Plus mostn't would even come up with a specific "my to your" reference. :lol:

Yeah I'm aware of it
Still the name seems odd with the 2, maybe it's just me but replacing 2 with "to" would make it seem much more serious. Alas they decided on 2.

That said, I actually like the color combination of the whole thing.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Interesting, I thought the 029 had proper 24hr gmt hand? That means the "tech" already existed, why not utilize it...

Yes, the PAM029 (along with the PAM299, PAM089, etc) does have a proper 24-hr GMT. However, the PAM719 might have a 12-hour GMT like the PAM438, and there isn't any movement used in our reps currently that can do this.

Reactions: racca

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08

tridad

5/11/08
Closed back anyway, it does not make any difference, as long as it runs properly!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tridad

5/11/08
With all this SIHH talk, how about we get this one done by the makers, come on!!!

tridad

5/11/08
I like your winking eye, keeping fingers crossed!!

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Just stumbled across the 719 as I was drooling over the 087 (my next rep...my last rep...until the rep after next). Anyone have any idea how long it typically takes for PAM factories to crank out a decent rep? Are we looking at V2 and V3 (like Omega and IWC reps) before we have a decent super/sub-super rep?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Just stumbled across the 719 as I was drooling over the 087 (my next rep...my last rep...until the rep after next). Anyone have any idea how long it typically takes for PAM factories to crank out a decent rep? Are we looking at V2 and V3 (like Omega and IWC reps) before we have a decent super/sub-super rep?

There is no specific time frame for it. Usually the factories now are replicating PAMs at a nice enough level that most are first class reps at least over the past year. For the PAM719, factories need to make a new dial, a new datewheel (to match the dial), the hands (GMT at least) and the caseback. The mid case is a standard PAM sub design along with the bezel, crystal, crown and crown guard. The critical part of the new replica is to match the blue on the gen. Good thing it isn't a sunburst blue dial as that would introduce another complication.