• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek Philippe Aquanaut 5167A v4 - quick pics

Kpalooza

25/5/12
I just ordered from Ryan the v4 and my QC pics seem like the lume on the markers are different. Or is that just the quality of the camera and how light is reflecting? I feel like this watch and the gens have a lot more "white" in the markers and my QC pic shows more green tint...(when there is plenty of light present).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mir36

Known Member
5/6/09
Mine is V4 with no vanilla smell strap ( so ill name it 4.5):):) on the mod , my watch technician friend working at Audemars Piguet Singapore did a "sand paper treatment " , with some chemical added . Now my bezel and case shine like the Gen Royal Oak :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think if you want that treatment, the way to do it would be to open up the watch, uncase the movement, pop the crystal, then sand the bezel in one direction with a 500 grit sandpaper, polish the side of the bezel, then reinstall everything. An afternoon project at most. I'm looking at the new PClones Miyota 5711 for a a movement swap. So maybe I'll work this out in the near future.

Sultan Brunei

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/12
Guys, seems like this v4 isn't available anywhere. Only v2 and v3.
are there any special dealer that sells v4 ? And what is the difference between v4 and v3 anyway?

flounderpounder

Known Member
11/6/14
That is a very beautiful design. Simple but very nice. I like the clasp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

TwoTimer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/7/13
?.....my watch technician friend working at Audemars Piguet Singapore did a "sand paper treatment " , with some chemical added . Now my bezel and case shine like the Gen Royal Oak

What chemical added?

EBE

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/10/10
Missouri
I would be curious to know the difference between V3 and V4....

nimbus88

6/5/13
Ordered from Josh. Still awaiting QC. Rejected first watch due to bad date wheel font

wittnauer

29/11/12
I love that watch and want to get it but what's holding me back is the instant rep-tell on the dial.
With all those versions it never bothered anyone there's no 'Swiss Made' print at the 6 O'clock mark on the dial?
The people at the Patek Boutique would have spotted it right away if you didn't keep your watch down.
Once they fix that and the rotor I'll be buying this beauty. A great looking watch though...

rhreplica

Known Member
31/5/14
With all those versions it never bothered anyone there's no 'Swiss Made' print at the 6 O'clock mark on the dial?

There are gens which don't have "Swiss Made" on the dial, either.

wt5Dwwm.jpg

As far as I'm aware there are no tells without flipping the watch over.