• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ordered the 41mm 1887 :D

deiviswis

Horology Curious
23/4/15
very beautiful, is very close to gen in general

another forum user has it

im doubting to buy this white or black version....or the v2 version without tachymetre

britain4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/15
Thanks for the input. I love both but went for the silver as that's the one that I really fell in love with at the AD. Glad to hear it's such a good rep - even the movement looks bang on to me in the pics, just the sub dial spacing but not much to do about that

Eschenpod

Renowned Member
21/11/12
Beautiful watch with fantastic silver sunburst.
Here is mine on custom black gator from one of the Vietnamese strapmakers.
Very Gen-like.

jcbach88

Horology Curious
9/3/15
I wanted the silver one as well but I believe its a fantasy model as there was never a silver sunburst dial. Although I think it looks better in silver sunburst!

I will be selling the v2 if anyone is interested and might get the blue version.

Eschenpod

Renowned Member
21/11/12
I wanted the silver one as well but I believe its a fantasy model as there was never a silver sunburst dial. Although I think it looks better in silver sunburst!

I will be selling the v2 if anyone is interested and might get the blue version.

There absolutely is a gen Tag 1887 Carrera with silver sunburst dial.
Check out the following youtube video - looks just like my rep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQR9AI36570

Snipster22

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/11/14
The only thing I can see with these (maybe my eyes) but the Tag logo on the right of the face seems to be slanted to me. This is particularly visible in the link to the watch @ the watch station which the original poster included...

Eschenpod

Renowned Member
21/11/12
The only thing I can see with these (maybe my eyes) but the Tag logo on the right of the face seems to be slanted to me. This is particularly visible in the link to the watch @ the watch station which the original poster included...

You've got a very good eye Snipster.
My logo is slightly slanted as well.
I brought it up to the TD during the QC process and he kind of shrugged it off.
It's only a smidgen crooked, and not really noticeable at arms distance.
Don't think you'll find one of these reps with a perfectly straight logo.
Hell, even the gens have similar issues - just read some of the stories on WUS.

britain4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/15

By Jove you're right there. Not something I'd have picked up on at all and I've been looking at this rep for a long time.

Its not going to bother me, if you're not looking at the watch dead on you can't even really notice it. And they need to justify charging 20x the price for the gen somehow ;)
@Eschenpod that looks absolutely fantastic! I was considering a WSO strap, cheap and they make it sound as though it's just as good as the gen lol

Snipster22

28/11/14
Without doubt chaps - it was the only thing that put me off these.

As a result I bought a Space X which is similar (although, granted not exactly the same )

britain4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/15
Without doubt chaps - it was the only thing that put me off these.

As a result I bought a Space X which is similar (although, granted not exactly the same )

Yeah good call I really like the SpaceX. Not as much as this though, the logo thing if it's not any worse than the pics isn't going to bother me. Can't wait for QC

Ironronnie

24/1/16
Another Beatiful watch!I'm waiting the leather straps to install on this...awesome rep
fbd6b9e0aa4c44c78c9c95bb3ae9b4ac.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Snipster22

28/11/14
Is this one a gen or the rep (see, I can't even tell the difference from that distance)

Another Beatiful watch!I'm waiting the leather straps to install on this...awesome rep
fbd6b9e0aa4c44c78c9c95bb3ae9b4ac.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Alex1975

Renowned Member
12/11/15
Just ordered the 41mm 1887! So excited as its my grail 'modern' watch :p

http://watch-station.co/watches/tag...lver-dial-on-brown-leather-strap-cal1887.html

Crossing all my fingers and toes it arrives OK as its my first wholesale order!

Anyone got any thoughts on the rep?

Great choice mate. I love that particular model exactly as per your link, have to say that the silver/black strap posted in this thread looks superb too.

I read the lengthy review posted in one of the other sites & it seems a very good rep in most respects.

I'll certainly look forward to hearing your thoughts & seeing pics when it arrives.