• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ordered my grail!

NilsD

2THMSTR
Supporter
Certified
18/2/24
Staten Island, NY
Sure.

These parts are not detachable. They're part of the case. It's one solid piece. If you only had 1 spring bar you could easily move the strap out of place since it can rotate.

Does this mean the band can not be swapped out with an Oysterflx?

Vineetd23

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
13/12/21
Los Angeles, CA
I’m ordering one through The Watch Mansion and requested they change the strap to a brown oyster flex. Let’s see what they can do.

Reactions: Dave2302

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
I'll go with @Reaps that it can't be done .... easily ....

However I'll bet it can be done, anything can be done. Just like a swap I did on one of my TAG Heuer F1's Bracelets, it requires macro headset, (well my eyesight does), and some tiny tools, drills, filing and polishing, and a knowledge of how the materials will react, protecting the parts you are working on from errant scratches, etc etc yak yak yak. I'm no watchmaker, but I am fairly good at engineering stuff ;)

There is an old proverb that sayeth "Your only as good as your most amazing / expensive fuck up :D
Anything can be done, but it can also get expensive, all depends how much you can DIY and the available free time you have too(y)

I have built many amazing cars in my lifetime, which usually started with someone saying "That can't be done" :ROFLMAO:
These dayz I'm getting too arthritic to be building Cars from ground up, and I have too many Cars atm anyways, so the Watches is a logical progression since I have loved watches for approx 50 years since I was a wee boy (y)

I absolutely admire some of the serious modders on here, they are in a way different universe to the small mods I do.

Last edited:

NilsD

2THMSTR
Supporter
Certified
18/2/24
Staten Island, NY
He did not elaborate….im waiting for his response to my inquiry what happened?
as an aside…I did have an issue with Omega Aqua Terra world timer and was advised to send it back, which I did. It’s now hung up in customs and may take months to get returned to me….this was InTime……lesson learned! Never send it back!

Vineetd23

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
13/12/21
Los Angeles, CA
He did not elaborate….im waiting for his response to my inquiry what happened?
as an aside…I did have an issue with Omega Aqua Terra world timer and was advised to send it back, which I did. It’s now hung up in customs and may take months to get returned to me….this was InTime……lesson learned! Never send it back!
Did you get a response?

NilsD

2THMSTR
Supporter
Certified
18/2/24
Staten Island, NY
Did you get a response?
Just heard from him…said he got the watch and opened case back….didnt like what he saw…said he’d rather refund than send bad piece…this is second watch he rejected…said he is waiting for another watch from factory….hoping its good! I’m really looking forward to this watch….been wanting it for a long time…he also mentioned the police raids and said a lot of people closed at the moment

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave2302 and Jossé