• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

One Day Late - ZF 116610 LV & LN

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
All the people who bought it for 528/558 usd are now the idiots or what? to be honest what a fucking joke from ZF. 100 dollar sale after one month in the market?! If somebody bought the watch recently I would be furious because that's a joke.

Nothing against the quality of the watch (I know it's great) but come on. How hard can you ripoff your customers. First make it ridiculous expensive (compared to other factorys) and then when nobody is buying it make a 100 dollar "sale" what a nonsense.

Have you seen the ZZF Junior models?

You can get a full V3 except the new ARF bracelet for something like 270 USD right now a bit more for the Hulk.

That's with a 316 clasp like all the previous versions were so you know how much you were overpaying at that time and how much you are overpaying for the ARF 904L clasp with V3 right now.

I checked with Li the Juniors are a V3 without the ARF bracelet all else is same CF V3 parts, updated crystal and so on.

Reactions: DR Russell

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
Clasp & Crown on the VSF are 316, if that matters than the ZF is a great choice at the similar price now, but not worth full 904 at its initial price. There was Zero justification for a $100 premium just for 904 crown & clasp IMO.

Don’t forget the superior dial, which many people are going to try and source now.

Reactions: Mathias_J

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
Fair point. I guess the big question now will be who will update first. ZF to update CG’s/Case or VSF update dial.

I would speculate that if there are any updates in this case then it’ll probably be VSF with the dial.

Esaelias

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/12/18
I'm going to have to say the vsf currently. But this zF is looking crazy good
if anyone wants to donate a zf hit me up lol
I'll probably have to leave the zf out of my review and review it at a later date if I can get the money to buy one way too many contenders now.even the brand new vrf looks good

would you say same for the black vsf ln version too

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Have you seen the ZZF Junior models?

You can get a full V3 except the new ARF bracelet for something like 270 USD right now a bit more for the Hulk.

That's with a 316 clasp like all the previous versions were so you know how much you were overpaying at that time and how much you are overpaying for the ARF 904L clasp with V3 right now.

I checked with Li the Juniors are a V3 without the ARF bracelet all else is same CF V3 parts, updated crystal and so on.
Was never a fan of the ZZF I always hated the huge dimple on the dial. No idea about the v3. But I don't believe in all this 904L nonsense. If some day someone independent test them all and all of them are 316F I would not be surprised.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
All the people who bought it for 528/558 usd are now the idiots or what? to be honest what a fucking joke from ZF. 100 dollar sale after one month in the market?! If somebody bought the watch recently I would be furious because that's a joke.

Nothing against the quality of the watch (I know it's great) but come on. How hard can you ripoff your customers. First make it ridiculous expensive (compared to other factorys) and then when nobody is buying it make a 100 dollar "sale" what a nonsense.

Yep, they understood that people aren't retarded and started dropping their price LMAO

What a joke

Last edited:

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
ZF Sub is on sale for 100$ less, what an incredible joke, this is what they deserve though, they wanted to exploit their useless marketing and BS 904L steel in order to sell it for more than the competitors, and because of this they didn't sell shit lmao

I feel sorry for the guys who bought it at launch, it's still an amazing watch, but there was no reason to set the price point so high.

If they decided to drop the price so much it must mean that they must be still earning at least as much as VSF, so the mark up for the magic steel and the "3 years of development" is total BS.

Tobel

6/7/17
ZF Sub is on sale for 100$ less, what an incredible joke, this is what they deserve though, they wanted to exploit their useless marketing and BS 904L steel in order to sell it for more than the competitors, and because of this they didn't sell shit lmao

I feel sorry for the guys who bought it at launch, it's still an amazing watch, but there was no reason to set the price point so high.

If they decided to drop the price so much it must mean that they must be still earning at least as much as VSF, so the mark up for the magic steel and the "3 years of development" is total BS.

Not necessarily. Whatever R&D cost they incurred is sunk cost. So if they're not selling at the initial price, they're better off decreasing the price and forgetting about these sunk costs, in hope to sell more and recoup some of their investment, than tryin to keep a margin per unit that will not drive the volume that they require.

Last edited:

Esaelias

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/12/18
This looks amazing, I was torn between pulling the trigger on a VSF or a ZZF no date, definitely away to have a look into the new ZF! Enjoy the watch!

iv purchased the vsf but awaiting qc from geektime do you think i can say i dont want the vsf and exchange it for a zf is this feasible? For your guys past expierience?

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Not necessarily. Whatever R&D cost they incurred is sunk cost. So if they're not selling at the initial price, they're better off decreasing the price and forgetting about these sunk costs, in hope to sell more and recoup some of their investment, than tryin to keep a margin per unit that will not drive the volume that they require.

But you are taking for granted that they actually DID R&D for 3 years, if it's real, then they came out as incompetent since the case is still better in the VSF, and they came out of the blue with it, without any BS anticipation or marketing about their "development process".
We know how the factories usually lie about their watches, like, comparing their rep with other reps, while saying that it's gen, or how they claim their watches are 904l but they are only partially.

On the other hand, if they did not R&D for 3 years, that would explain many things, like how they actually decided to lower the price BEFORE Christmas.

Welp anyways, at this price the ZF is very good, they should have launched at this price point.

Tobel

6/7/17
But you are taking for granted that they actually DID R&D for 3 years, if it's real, then they came out as incompetent since the case is still better in the VSF, and they came out of the blue with it, without any BS anticipation or marketing about their "development process".
We know how the factories usually lie about their watches, like, comparing their rep with other reps, while saying that it's gen, or how they claim their watches are 904l but they are only partially.

On the other hand, if they did not R&D for 3 years, that would explain many things, like how they actually decided to lower the price BEFORE Christmas.

Welp anyways, at this price the ZF is very good, they should have launched at this price point.

I'm not taking anything for granted, I said "not necessarily" :) However this is their 1st rep as well and it's a very good one, so they must have done some research and probably invested in new machines, though we have no way of knowing how much.

The fact that their watch is on sales before Christmas only shows that they want to go for volume over ARPU, which is indicative that they are not selling enough watches, it does not indicate whether they did R&D or not.

Anyway this is a strong sign that competition does benefit customers :)

Reactions: Tigerdragon