• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega UPO Franken Bezel help!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
This how this insert looks like flatted and with a gen pearl installed

DSC01527.jpg

DSC01524.jpg

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Enlarging a hole to retrofit a new pearl is easy. Just figure out the diameter you need and buy a drill bit. You can run the bit thru by hand, no drill required. The aluminum on these inserts is soft. It carves like jello!

I did it on 4 or 5 inserts already.

qsb5

Known Member
3/8/11
This how this insert looks like flatted and with a gen pearl installed

:( the ring around the hole doesn't look neat at all..

Enlarging a hole to retrofit a new pearl is easy. Just figure out the diameter you need and buy a drill bit. You can run the bit thru by hand, no drill required. The aluminum on these inserts is soft. It carves like jello!

I did it on 4 or 5 inserts already.

Can I see some of the bezel inserts that you have done? I'm trying to figure out whether it is possible to enlarge the hole smoothly.. THanks :)

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
My new insert came today and it is much better than the first one I sent pictures of. The pearl is now centered.

BTW, I tried to install the first insert to my cheap Narikaa PO but it did not fit! The diameter if the crystal is bigger than the inner diameter of the insert. So it is a direct fit to UPO but not to cheaper ones I guess. I could now change a gen pearl to first insert if someone knows where to get one? Ebay? Paparas, your pearl looks good to me!

Sunnydale