• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Seamaster Professional 300M..WBK...rocks...

Natron

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
11/10/06
The SMP GMT was a favorite of mine, but now it is empty. I ordered a 45.5 PO with eta this weekend and probably pulling the trigger on a black seal with swiss swan mvmt. I thiink I am done with cheapy movements. For $50-$100 I am just going to get the ETA or better. I was excitied at first, but now need quality over quantity.

I didnt realize it and was just buying the cheapest version of the watch that I liked. No longer. I am going to cap myself off at 10 wtches since that is what my box holds. When it is full I will begin to weed out my A 21j mvmts and replace them.

Natron

arul

Horology Curious
6/11/06
piratedzeus said:
you have lume on dial? you have a glued speedmaster logo too?

No lume on the dial. Very faint lume on the hands. My speedmaster logo looks to be stamped.

Arul

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
ok so everyone got the same watch :) im thinking whether i should "push" this one like adjusting movement or doing something about the dial... or stay with it

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
I don't want to be negative but:

- The pearl is the most horrible I have ever seen
- Misaligned bezel insert (as 98% of the rep)
- Bezel insert color is too dark
- Second hand is terribly short
- No lume on the markers
- Marker on 3 is too big (date window too small or not at the good spot ?)
- All marking on the insert is bad. Bars are too long, numbers are too big
- In fact, I think the insert is too narrow !
- White square around the date window is too close of the window and really messy
- Crown gard have a strange shape (not much, but still)
- All font on the dial are very poor quality
- Date font is completely wrong and not centered
- Bracelet use screw
- Crown is bad shape (too much "tooth")
- Case back is totally wrong and poor finish

Sorry, this is what I have spoted in few minutes. Personally, I would have spend a little more for a better version of such a nice watch.

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
Vric said:

- No lume on the markers
- White square around the date window is too close of the window and really messy
- Bracelet use screw

Sorry, this is what I have spoted in few minutes. Personally, I would have spend a little more for a better version of such a nice watch.

thanks vric,

i'm going to go jump off a bridge now [smilie=crybaby2.gif]

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
crick said:
Vric said:

- No lume on the markers
- Bracelet use screw

thanks vric,

i'm going to go jump off a bridge now [smilie=crybaby2.gif]

...no wait, don't jump there are phones on the bridge. just pick one up...NOW.

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
Vric said:

- The pearl is the most horrible I have ever seen AAWWW come on it tisnt that bad
- Misaligned bezel insert (as 98% of the rep)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> correctable
- No lume on the markers >>>>>>>>>>>that sucks... right! if they let them white ok but green??
- Bracelet use screw =>>>>>>>im happy about this
- Case back is totally wrong and poor finish =>>>>right

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Vric said:

Speaking from my experience of collecting reps, I would skip such a rep due to those points that Vric has mentioned. I would rather hold off my purchase for other stuff rather than getting "not good" rep watches.

The bottom line, it's not worth the money getting this version...

The GMT may be a different story but certainly... nay to this one.

I have a suggestion for you... You may wish to save up to get a better rep watch. You'll be surprised when you up the notch to 150USD mark.

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
i just found that out too.... just trying to check whether there are differences between silixs and trustys/andres seamaster...

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
today i found out too that the bezel is quite "loose".. if pearl is at 12 o' clock you can push the bezel down like 1-2mm the glas stands out then quite much..

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
@pirated: I am sorry to learn that, however, such problems are common on your rep. Can't complain much especially given the price. I guess you learnt it the hard way. You should go for the one in 150 price range. Quality will be much better.

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
i know, as long it is not really broken (i ignore the back) i wont complain to wbk :)

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
well you can't complain, it's "as advertised"

As for the Bezel being loose, my 2 "cheap" Asian watch had the same problem. I ended up gluing one and the other is in the garbage.

Anyway, my post was just to spot flaws. Sometime, saving few buck might worth it, but sometime, there is simply too much flaw to deal with. People mentioned the GMT, that is an awesome "cheap" rep to get, but not that one... Sorry.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
@pirated: don't worry, you'll stick around and soon will learn that the good reps are actually lies on 200 USD mark. Let me guide you to this one:

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9355

That will be really good rep. Yes, it costs twice your current rep Seamaster but that one surely has much better quality.

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
you wont believe it... the bezel is off! the pearl was at 11 o clock so i want to move it to 12 ( yes i know its one way lol) and shabam i have the bezel in my hands! my luck i was sitting at a table because one little part flew off... i inserted it into this hole but the bezel doesn hold tight anymore.... i put it on the watch but if i try to move around it goes off again!!!! at least it still clicks lol i didnt loose the "clicking" parts which are so small i dont believe it... how i can fix this?

to clarify it: i love my first rep! i know it has flaws but i think at 95$ its still ok!! but i think WBK was unlucky as he choosed this :(
if you have any advice to fix the bezel please tell me.. its not wearable with this bezel because it would go off 100 times and im sure i would loose the small parts

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
I tightened mine on the ETA version by removing it and bending the spring a little to give more tension.