• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

OMEGA Seamaster 300 SPECTRE Limited Edition

mkong

Getting To Know The Place
23/12/10
Huh. That's a head scratcher for sure. Thanks so much for the detailed pics. Gap is definitely there. But check out the pics imran posted a few posts ago with the gen 20mm NATO. No gap.

Is it possible that this is a v1 vs. v2 change? Maybe we need a bigger sample size. Anyone else willing to get out calipers and measure their rep strap/lugs?

lug width for v1 was 20mm, v2 is 21mm

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
I came across this rendition of the Spectre rep on the internet. Note it has the smaller standard SM300 style Omega logo and the 12 numeral on the dial.. Like the standard SM300, only fitted with the lollipop second hand and Spectre bezel...

23911746102_141cddc951_c.jpg

jrodtx99

Renowned Member
5/12/14
lug width for v1 was 20mm, v2 is 21mm
[MENTION=34295]mkong[/MENTION], hi, according to all the specs and my QC sheet, the lug is supposed to be 20mm.

Let's just dismiss the discrepancy to a millimeter of manufacturing precision somewhere between the makers of the rep strap, the rep watch and my (likely rep) measuring calipers.

Now let's admire a handsome watch...
58e067b3792e9553753474581e5f82ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pure b

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/14
If someone could measure his v2 lug width please.

I ordered a gen 20mm nato for my incomming v2 but if the v2 had wider lugs I might need a 22mm

Espcustom

15/5/15
The spectre is nice but I prefer the standard version. Not keen on paying extra money just for the 007 affiliation.

pure b

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/14
I find it hard to believe that they changed the lug width of the v2 to 21mm. That's a pretty major upgrade but barely noticeable on the wrist plus the branded straps have even larger gaps.

They could better have polished the crown

pres_underwood

28/11/15
hmm, the difference in thickness of the V2 is barely noticeable from the V1.5. Wonder why the factory didn't go "all the way" when milling the V2 bezel.

wwschan

Do not accept unsolicited offers
6/4/12
hmm, the difference in thickness of the V2 is barely noticeable from the V1.5. Wonder why the factory didn't go "all the way" when milling the V2 bezel.

Guess this is a fact of life in the franken/rep world. I paid $1500 for a phong 6538 case and it still doesn't have the fat bevels, what can I say?

mikefromli

8/2/15
ok still not seeing anyone complain about the bezel ring crimps around the 2 and directly opposite between the 8 and 9 (see page 64 of this thread for my qc pics). The more I look at the pics the less of an issue I think it is, or will be in person..

I didn't complain about it to the AD and the watches are on their way DHL with tracking. In time for x-mas? Probably not. Still in Hong Kong lol.

I did sacrifice the metal bracelet to get it sooner. They told me for the metal bracelet to be included it would be another month. I was tired of waiting. Also it didn't bother me since he doesn't wear the bracelet in the movie..
I never planned to wear the metal bracelet anyway. If I want a metal bracelet I'll wear my PO or DSSD rep for the day.

Also word of note Pure-time is unable to do the high depth waterproof tests they are advertising. I paid an extra $20 per watch to get a 10 atm test. Then it was downgraded to a 5 atm test...then they told me they'd have to send it back to the maker to get the 5 atm test done. I said NO, had them refund me for the waterproof tests and just send me the damn watches. Tired of waiting lol.

Off topic a little..
I am planning to buy a gen soon, not sure 100% but thinking of going with a gen omega PO chrono black ceramic bezel with the 9300 movement. White 12 (not orange, though this is a point of inner debate)

I'd just let the chrono run...

Only thing that bugs me about the 9300 is the date setting...no quick date change, you have to role the hour hand round and round to get it changed. For a $5k+ watch even in the gray market this is almost a deal breaker to me.

Also the size...I wear the skyfall PO XL just great though, wondering if the gen chrono would be bigger or same size. any thoughts? No omega boutique nearby to test it. Nearest one is 3 hours away. I know it's off topic here but would appreciate comments.

The POC is a bit thicker than standard PO also the date isn't an issue as I have the 8500 movement in an aqua Terra the date is super quick to roll and is a huge advantage when traveling

The POC is badass

pure b

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/14
Contacted the Omega boutique where I ordered the Omega nato.

The gen uses a 21-22mm strap because the fabric might shrink a bit after use.

So I think for the people who want a gen Omega nato:

V1 watch, 20mm strap
V2 watch, 21-22mm strap

wwschan

6/4/12
Contacted the Omega boutique where I ordered the Omega nato.

The gen uses a 21-22mm strap because the fabric might shrink a bit after use.

So I think for the people who want a gen Omega nato:

V1 watch, 20mm strap
V2 watch, 21-22mm strap

Right On!