• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

OMEGA Seamaster 300 SPECTRE Limited Edition

nicosuave4201

Known Member
17/10/14
i haven't measured the exact lug width on the rep but the gen is 21mm I think. So I assume the rep is also 21 mm.
The strap that comes with it seems too narrow, guessing it's 20mm, and it shows the damn spring bars....

21mm is hard to find. So if it's a choice of showing spring bars with a 20mm strap and having a snug fit for a 22mm strap, I choose the 22mm strap every time. It looks and works great I don't understand the fuss lol

mashauer

Getting To Know The Place
27/9/15
If you want an 21mm nato i would Recommend a zuludiver strap. Has a nice finish too

Gesendet von meinem KFSAWI mit Tapatalk

Robert11

15/11/15
i haven't measured the exact lug width on the rep but the gen is 21mm I think. So I assume the rep is also 21 mm.
The strap that comes with it seems too narrow, guessing it's 20mm, and it shows the damn spring bars....

21mm is hard to find. So if it's a choice of showing spring bars with a 20mm strap and having a snug fit for a 22mm strap, I choose the 22mm strap every time. It looks and works great I don't understand the fuss lol

The rep is 20mm the gem is 21. I don't know what size strap you got with it but my after marker bond nato, leather natos, and calfskin leather straps are all 20mm and fit perfect.

Sent from my satellite phone.

D

d4m.test

The rep lug width is 20mm.
The strap is 20mm and it´s a snug fit (a 22mm wouldn´t even fit the rep)
So, whoever is buying a strap - it´s 20mm size You need.
IMG_6865_zpsv5fethyt.jpg

another 20mm from Martu
OMGCoax_4239_zps0k0golbo.jpg

pjmbour

Do not accept unsolicited offers
10/1/10
Hello Nico,

Where did you order the gen 2 piece nato strap 22 mm.
I also want to be in love ;-)

P.

jrodtx99

Renowned Member
5/12/14
The rep lug width is 20mm.
The strap is 20mm and it´s a snug fit (a 22mm wouldn´t even fit the rep)
]
Just received mine and I have to respectfully disagree that the rep strap is a snug fit. In fact there is a very small (slightly less than a mm) gap to the width of the lug. I still need to measure the lug and strap width to see where the discrepancy is.
Aside from this very minor point, it's just a really nicely done piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrodtx99

Renowned Member
5/12/14
Tough to capture with cam phone (also a testament to how slight the gap is) but look to the lower right side...
751e21bb593b4766628a59eb8f3392b6.jpg

D

d4m.test

Just received mine and I have to respectfully disagree that the rep strap is a snug fit. In fact there is a very small (slightly less than a mm) gap to the width of the lug. I still need to measure the lug and strap width to see where the discrepancy is.

Hi, I wasn´t talking about the rep strap, I was talking about my aftermarket 20mm straps in general, like pictured, after reading about 21mm and 22mm straps which I believe do not fit this rep.

jatrejos

Do not accept unsolicited offers
11/12/15
I just received mine from intime, great service and excellent communication
11dcaef707f2d9690367b5efa1cd7b95.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Robert11

15/11/15

Then it's a problem with the rep strap. The watch is 20mm.

scottb57

Renowned Member
25/1/15
Any more info on an updated bracelet? That's the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger. Last I heard it was backordered and I'm hoping it comes back in before all the TDs end their "Christmas Promotions"

jrodtx99

Renowned Member
5/12/14
Then it's a problem with the rep strap. The watch is 20mm.

Here's the thing: I really have no ego in the outcome of this, and I have to rely on the tools at my disposal. So if you agree that this ruler is set precisely at 20mm (and that the tool is worth a damn, as I got it for $6 from eBay) then...
0ba9571b8f3f950efb787e64c494c717.jpg

... my observation is that the strap is 20mm and the lugs are ever so slightly wider...
9e973d68c7d5c156130eaadcc5e89452.jpg

scottb57

Renowned Member
25/1/15
Here's the thing: I really have no ego in the outcome of this, and I have to rely on the tools at my disposal. So if you agree that this ruler is set precisely at 20mm (and that the tool is worth a damn, as I got it for $6 from eBay) then...
0ba9571b8f3f950efb787e64c494c717.jpg

... my observation is that the strap is 20mm and the lugs are ever so slightly wider...
9e973d68c7d5c156130eaadcc5e89452.jpg

Huh. That's a head scratcher for sure. Thanks so much for the detailed pics. Gap is definitely there. But check out the pics imran posted a few posts ago with the gen 20mm NATO. No gap.

Is it possible that this is a v1 vs. v2 change? Maybe we need a bigger sample size. Anyone else willing to get out calipers and measure their rep strap/lugs?

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
I'm at work now, don't exactly have a measuring tool with me now. But i can assure you mine is 20mm, which is the same lug width as my gen Bond SMP Diver 300m, which fits the Nato strap nicely for both models. Will post a pic with a ruler showing the measurement when I get home.

jrodtx99

Renowned Member
5/12/14
Btw, @imran, I want to say thanks for all you contributed to this thread. I've been subscribed since the outset. Cheers!

Robert11

15/11/15
Huh. That's a head scratcher for sure. Thanks so much for the detailed pics. Gap is definitely there. But check out the pics imran posted a few posts ago with the gen 20mm NATO. No gap.

Is it possible that this is a v1 vs. v2 change? Maybe we need a bigger sample size. Anyone else willing to get out calipers and measure their rep strap/lugs?

Edit: meant to reply to jrod. I don't get that picture it's at the 3/4 inch mark not the 20mm mark. Anyway I don't know what to tell you. I just measured my V1 with a micrometer and the lug width is exactly 20 mm. And as I mentioned I have a premium NATO strap several leather NATO straps and a calfskin leather strap all 20mm that all fit perfectly with no gaps.

scottb57

Renowned Member
25/1/15
I'm at work now, don't exactly have a measuring tool with me now. But i can assure you mine is 20mm, which is the same lug width as my gen Bond SMP Diver 300m, which fits the Nato strap nicely for both models. Will post a pic with a ruler showing the measurement when I get home.

Sorry, I don't doubt for a second that yours is 20mm. It's a gen. ;)

20mm seems the most likely since it's definitely the lug width for the "regular" 300 rep. I'm wondering if it's an issue with jrod's particular rep strap, or if maybe by some tiny chance they changed the case for the v2.

And I agree, imran is quite literally the reason I'm so excited for this watch and the gen NATO combo. Omega should be giving you a cut of all the overpriced straps they're selling as a result of your posts in this thread. :laugh:

jrodtx99

Renowned Member
5/12/14
[MENTION=115585]Robert11[/MENTION] my pic is crappy, but look below the 20 and you'll see where the marks are.
In any case, I'm entertaining the idea of a 2 piece nato style strap so it sits flat on my wrist. (Not planning to wear the watch over a wet suit).
Also looking forward to the bracelet arriving one of these days.

Also, fwiw, I don't see any miyota shudders on my watch. It's smooth.

Robert11

15/11/15
[MENTION=115585]Robert11[/MENTION] my pic is crappy, but look below the 20 and you'll see where the marks are.
In any case, I'm entertaining the idea of a 2 piece nato style strap so it sits flat on my wrist. (Not planning to wear the watch over a wet suit).
Also looking forward to the bracelet arriving one of these days.

Also, fwiw, I don't see any miyota shudders on my watch. It's smooth.

Ok I see what u mean when I zoom in. No stutter on mine that I can see either and it's settled in to within about 10 secs day. I like the bracelet a lot especially with the micro adjustment but for now been wearing it on a tan leather strap.