• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega 8500 super clone is here

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
Is it confirmed now that the secondhand issue is resolved now in the new batch? Have my finger on the trigger to other this one.

se_seamaster300_spectre_vuec_1600x900.jpg

Known flaws as noted:
* Dial not grainy enough (personally I am okay with the current dial)
* TM on clasp (ordering Nato so a non-issue)
* second hand isse
* chrome/metal bezel ring not wide enough (not sure if they ever will fix this, doesn't bother me too much)

Last edited:

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Is it confirmed now that the secondhand issue is resolved now in the new batch? Have my finger on the trigger to other this one.

se_seamaster300_spectre_vuec_1600x900.jpg

Known flaws as noted:
* Dial not grainy enough (personally I am okay with the current dial)
* TM on clasp (ordering Nato so a non-issue)
* minute hand isse
* chrome/metal bezel ring not wide enough (not sure if they ever will fix this, doesn't bother me too much)

What is the minute hand issue supposed to be?

DarqueBark

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/10/10
Is the balance wheel exactly at the 6 o'clock position? It's hard to tell from pics online

NewFan0803

15/1/16
How robust is the movement so far ? Given there hasnt been any thread created on movement failure i take all have been fine and well with the 8500 clone ?

Xman

6/2/11
The movement in mine has been nice, all operations are good, winding isn't loud, has not done anything concerning so far. It has gained about 9 mins in about 6 weeks or so? Needs to be regulated, but thats about it.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
The movement in mine has been nice, all operations are good, winding isn't loud, has not done anything concerning so far. It has gained about 9 mins in about 6 weeks or so? Needs to be regulated, but thats about it.

+ 1 same for mine. Gains about 10 seconds per day

amplitude

Known Member
4/12/06
Just got the QC pics from Trusty (finally!) and I'm impressed with the timing result & the talk her. I'm a watchmaker, so I'll be checking it all out myself, but I have high hopes so far. Pretty impressive for a Chinese movement assembled in who knows what conditions in a fake watch.

Reactions: vcappp

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
+ 1 same for mine. Gains about 10 seconds per day

Pretty good for reps (and gens)

+6sec / day is COSC accuracy

+10/day is normal for many HQ seiko.

Many gen entry level Japanese movements have acceptable accuracy up to +20/day.

Reactions: leo6929

juliusglc

Horology Curious
15/6/18
bezel ring seems to have been corrected and the TM from the bracelet is gone from what i can see
awesome!

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Ive received my QC,and it looks like it has been corrected
will post more pics once i receive the watch

Do you mind posting your approved QC pics for community information purposes? This is an exciting development and would benefit a lot of interested members. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk