• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Official RM27-02 thread

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
14/8/14
How come there are more stripes on the top and bottom part of the bezel on the rep than the gen?

Different processes creating the forge carbon bezel and caseback between RM and the rep factory, but the Chinese achieve a similar effect, I'm sure at substantially lower cost.

What's the quality of the PVD coating on these Richard Mille replicas like?

Only the midcase has a PVD coating, hence the lack of a Graphene pattern as seen on the gen.

Dnr5Uhz.jpg

qCCTnqh.jpg

RE-13

26/3/15
Different processes creating the forge carbon bezel and caseback between RM and the rep factory, but the Chinese achieve a similar effect, I'm sure at substantially lower cost.

Only the midcase has a PVD coating, hence the lack of a Graphene pattern as seen on the gen.

Dnr5Uhz.jpg

qCCTnqh.jpg

I plan to start researching on how to develop that graphene pattern aka learn how to layer material like that. Since rm posts their case dimensions and with this rep I essentially already have a mold made, I think this rep would be wayyyyy more accurate with the layer, better strap stitching, and a fake working tourby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: swordfish_77

Daddyoftoo

Known Member
6/2/15
I know these have massive flaws but I simply don't care. They look great and considering nobody who recognises it will for one second, assume this is gen, who cares anyway, lol
I know I couldn't afford to spend that kind of money on one watch but I am considering this version, purely because it's sexy as f**k!

TheDonSL

28/12/13
I plan to start researching on how to develop that graphene pattern aka learn how to layer material like that. Since rm posts their case dimensions and with this rep I essentially already have a mold made, I think this rep would be wayyyyy more accurate with the layer, better strap stitching, and a fake working tourby.

The gen looks like it's painted or thick brushing of some sort, a wet look. I'm sure it can be modded and one of our expert modded in our community can figure it out.

RE-13

26/3/15
The gen looks like it's painted or thick brushing of some sort, a wet look. I'm sure it can be modded and one of our expert modded in our community can figure it out.

The gen case is layers which give it that brushed look. I think layering and then milling out the case will be easy. Once I get the whole watch apart I'll be able to scan in the dimensions into the computer then have an auto milling machine mill out the case to the specs.

theREALgoat

Certified
14/8/14
The gen case is layers which give it that brushed look. I think layering and then milling out the case will be easy. Once I get the whole watch apart I'll be able to scan in the dimensions into the computer then have an auto milling machine mill out the case to the specs.

what would be the case material? Also, what about the holes for the various screws to hold the movement, caseback, and bezel?

RE-13

26/3/15
what would be the case material? Also, what about the holes for the various screws to hold the movement, caseback, and bezel?

Gen is made out of a carbon material used for high end sailboat mast poles.
b9ad62df5974c7593e6af320f90763e1.jpg
here's a picture of the process to make gen parts. I spoke with a friend an hour ago who has a CNC machine with the bits needed to make the case, all I have to do now is open this sucker up and get him the dimensions.

theREALgoat

Certified
14/8/14
Gen is made out of a carbon material used for high end sailboat mast poles. here's a picture of the process to make gen parts. I spoke with a friend an hour ago who has a CNC machine with the bits needed to make the case, all I have to do now is open this sucker up and get him the dimensions.

Would you use graphene or carbon?

Timquest

Known Member
24/10/16
Gen is made out of a carbon material used for high end sailboat mast poles.
b9ad62df5974c7593e6af320f90763e1.jpg
here's a picture of the process to make gen parts. I spoke with a friend an hour ago who has a CNC machine with the bits needed to make the case, all I have to do now is open this sucker up and get him the dimensions.

Would be cool to see a good looking case but how will you make the hundreds of carbon layers ?

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Timquest

Known Member
24/10/16
You can buy blocks of carbon layers to mill.

Can't wait to see the finished case !!! If you succeed will you also sell some ? They are planning to make a 1:1 version of the 011 which will release in 2 month I believe would be sick with a carbon case

RE-13

26/3/15
Can't wait to see the finished case !!! If you succeed will you also sell some ? They are planning to make a 1:1 version of the 011 which will release in 2 month I believe would be sick with a carbon case

Didn't plan on it, cost will be way to high

RE-13

26/3/15
I love mine, only thing wrong is the crinkly sound the Velcro makes. I only notice it sometimes