• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob v9 just appeared

pengo

I'm Pretty Popular
11/7/15
ok enough now; i will not answer QC questions about v8/v9 anymore.
DO YOUR READING, train your eye, and good luck, friends.

Reactions: dom1986

ep1c

Horology Curious
15/6/18
Hi pro users. Need help. I have QC photos from Ryan V9. Is it good?
yJlpmlq

mbrute

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/7/18
patience is very important in our hobby!!!
this one has the v8 lugs.
your TD was obviously waiting for the new batch to not disappoint u.
but now that u wanted a refund he was kinda forced to send u pics from a v8-lug-watch he still had in stock!
PATIENCE! your money is safe at our TDs, let them try to do good work for u!
btw: nobody knows how the lugs of the next v9 batch will be. im curious too.
i wouldnt change the TD now(was it chazing?). write him u understand now that he was waiting for better batch, wait, and post here (with question: has this the good lugs?) your QC, if it isnt good u still can get refunded.
now your TD knows how important the lugs are for u, but if the new batch has "bad" lugs, u wont get good lugs anywhere!
obviously that good batch is gone now!

The calvary has arrived to save the day

Reactions: pengo

mbrute

9/7/18
http://ibb.co/hxqeB8

Hi guys, just got QC from Chazing. Is the DW not centered? Looks like it's more towards the left. Can't see SEL in the face on pic, assuming that they're flush. Also, is dial crooked? Rotated a bit counterclockwise to my eyes.

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Little bit but you cant get better on the noob v9 it looks extremly good on the picture.

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
ok enough now; i will not answer QC questions about v8/v9 anymore.
DO YOUR READING, train your eye, and good luck, friends.

Good on you mate. This thread has a wealth of info re v8/v9 differences included which i have learned so much from, it just involves actually reading...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pengo

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
PresidentMike the way I understand it, if you want a black sub go for ARF factory's latest, if you want a green sub go for noob Factory V9. You will not be dissapointed no matter which way you go. Iv never owned a rep, or a Swiss or automatic watch prior to this noob v9, and I can tell you, unless your used to gen Rolex caliber as your norm, you will be fuckin blown away by any of these choices. I couldn't be happier w my watch.

Wrong. The ARF is the better example of the sub out of the box (especially the hulk - noob insert isnt close to gen and is a dead giveaway) Although it does look like noob are fixing the sels out of the box ARF is closer to gen.

You are right though noob and ARF both very nice and did a great job.

PresidentMike

Horology Curious
24/7/18
Wrong. The ARF is the better example of the sub out of the box (especially the hulk - noob insert isnt close to gen and is a dead giveaway) Although it does look like noob are fixing the sels out of the box ARF is closer to gen.

You are right though noob and ARF both very nice and did a great job.

So the ARF Green Submariner is the way to go?

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
http://ibb.co/hxqeB8

Hi guys, just got QC from Chazing. Is the DW not centered? Looks like it's more towards the left. Can't see SEL in the face on pic, assuming that they're flush. Also, is dial crooked? Rotated a bit counterclockwise to my eyes.

V9 lugs for sure, best ones I've seen in this batch. Yes the dial is slightly crooked but can easily be adjusted.

Reactions: mbrute

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
This is how the V9 should look, very nice example, looks like noob finally started sorting the SELS out. The hulk i had was recessed by about 0.00000001mm lol

Boxy lugs though :( mine was like this. They all seem to be like it. Sel is a micron better than most though you're right

Reactions: dom1986

mbrute

9/7/18
IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

Additional QC pics. The face on shot makes the dial look straighter. I can replicate the angle with a physical watch and closing one eye. We will see once I get the watch. I'll update once received from Chazing. Thanks all.

Last edited:

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
So the ARF Green Submariner is the way to go?

If you want a sub Hulk that will pass for the most gen looking out of the box without any Mods get the ARF. I have had both the v9 and ARF in hand. The ARF is better. I have studied both reps ruthlessly, i am by no means an expert, but have learned enough to know which one is closer to gen. you get a v9 and your buddy shows up with a gen next to yours you will tell immediately the v9 is a rep. The ARF will pass i think to a normal eye.

My true advice would be don’t bother with the hulk at all, get the ARF sub LN. The latest ones of them are the best rep subs i have ever seen and are stupidly close to gen on the eye.

Pic of my v9 and ARF hulk attached. Check the sel fitment and insert differences (ARF on the left) also attached a pic with gen included for an idea of differences. Both great watches mate, just get the better one if your a noob. ARF wins

4a2d64664a58468075a390d9012814a0.jpg
f594c0651b46636a4b01564554c84fef.jpg
a4ba591e485fe9d9487174dcbe827975.jpg
fce9c04f85d520b45366e0b21bc22147.jpg